Weekly photo contest: Transit!

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
london_underground_iphone_5s_hero.jpg

Odds are you've been on a train, plane, bus, or some other kind of transit before. For many of us, it's a daily part of how we get from point A to point B. Transit systems and the people that use them can make for amazing photographs as well. So your task this week is to grab an amazing shot with the subject being some kind of public transit. Perhaps it's an interesting person you met on the subway, or a dark tunnel with a train emerging. The choice is yours, just be sure you submit your best work!

The contest begins today and ends Tuesday, June 24th at 6 p.m. Eastern time. Good luck!

The prize: Olloclip for iPhone!

The winner of this week's photo contest will snag a brand new Olloclip for whatever version iPhone you currently own. The Olloclip is a lens attachment that allows you to capture stunning wide-angle, fish eye, and macro photos without the need for any fancy camera gear.

The rules

Submitted photos must have been taken with an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

We'll check the EXIF data of the original file to verify and any edits must have been done with an iPhone or iPad app. No Photoshop, Lightroom, or other external editing programs! If you have external lens accessories such as an Olloclip or other snap-on lens, you are more than welcome to use them.

You can submit as many photos as you'd like, but remember, this is a contest, so make sure you submit your best work!

Resources

Now, before you run off to take your photo, remember that it's not technical skill alone that will claim this prize. Even if you're not the best photographer (yet!), a great eye and a great subject can still get you the win.

However, a little help can never hurt, so make sure you check out our iPhone photography series for some tips.

How to submit

To submit your photos, simply attach them to this thread. That's it, you're done! If you don't have a Mac or PC to upload them, you can download the free Tapatalk forum app via the link below to upload directly from your iPhone or iPad. Remember, no photos submitted outside this thread will be considered, NO EXCEPTIONS.

Taptalk for iOS - Free - [URL="https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tapatalk/id307880732?mt=8&at=10l3Vy]Download Now[/URL]

mayra yax

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
uru4areg.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael Antkowiak

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Various Beijing subway stations
image.jpg
Gong Zhu Fen subway station at interchange level between line 1 and 10.
image.jpg
Dong Si Shi Tiao subway station on line 2
IMG_1328 Edit.jpeg

Last edited:

Pulsedriver

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Iphone 5 with slowshutter and edited with snapseed

Subway in Sweden
image.jpg

Standing at the bus stop and enjoying urban environment with the subway over my head. (Middle: platform, left: train one direction, right: train other direction)
image.jpg

Last edited:

photyograph

May 19, 2012
Visit site
All images taken with iPhone 4 edited with Vsco

Changi Airport Singapore
IMG_0224.JPG

University of Indonesia Train Station
IMG_2126.JPG

Same place
IMG_2125.JPG

Again, same place
IMG_9733.JPG

Cikini Train Station near my office
IMG_9735.JPG

iRoswell

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Taken in Springfield, Mo. using my iPhone 5
And edited on my iPad Air.

Last edited:

iRoswell

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Taken in Georgetown, Tx. using my iPhone 5 and edited on my iPad Air.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73