Weekly photo contest: Flowers!

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
flowers_photo_contest_iphone_hero.jpg

For a lot of folks spring is finally here and that means green grass and flowers finally in bloom. There's nothing like seeing the light at the end of the wintery tunnel to put you in a good mood. That also means it's a great time to get outside, breathe in the fresh air, and take in the changes around you. Your challenge this week is flowers. Like last week, it's a great opportunity to get out there and grab some macro shots if you've got accessories such as an Olloclip!

The contest begins today and ends Tuesday, May 6thth at 6 p.m. Eastern time. Good luck!

The prize

The winner of this week's contest will snag an iStabilizer Dolly system for the iPhone of their choice. This handy photography utility helps you keep even the hardest shot free of motion. It also helps you capture awesome panoramas and motion videos just like the pros!

The rules

Submitted photos must have been taken with an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

We'll check the EXIF data of the original file to verify and any edits must have been done with an iPhone or iPad app. No Photoshop, Lightroom, or other external editing programs! If you have external lens accessories such as an Olloclip or other snap-on lens, you are more than welcome to use them.

You can submit as many photos as you'd like, but remember, this is a contest, so make sure you submit your best work!

Resources

Now, before you run off to take your photo, remember that it's not technical skill alone that will claim this prize. Even if you're not the best photographer (yet!), a great eye and a great subject can still get you the win.

However, a little help can never hurt, so make sure you check out our iPhone photography series for some tips.

How to submit

To submit your photos, just attach them to this thread. That's it, you're done! If you don't have a computer to upload photos from, you can use the free Tapatalk app for iPhone and iPad in order to submit your photos to our forums. You can download it by tapping on the link below. No photos submitted outside of this thread will be considered, NO EXCEPTIONS.

[URL="https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tapatalk-connecting-communities/id307880732?mt=8&at=10l3Vy]Tap here to download Tapatalk for iPhone and iPad[/URL]

Askari1906

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
3y2ehazy.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Here are a few of my favorites.

All were shot with stock camera app on my 4S.

1st edited with Snapseed. 2nd edited with Tadaa. Third edited with Snapseed and VSCOcam.

12007433005_e25564bfda_b.jpg
IMG_0528.JPG
11491688164_beb73cd9ed_b.jpg

andykan

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Here's my entry, Orchid flower taken on my balcony over the pool.

Taken using iPhone 5, edited with VSCOcam and Snapseed.

2014-04-29 11.55.35.jpg

2014-04-29 12.02.44-1.jpg

oscaramzz

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Inside of a tulip! Taken with iPhone 5s. No editing. Looks amazing just the way nature made it. I love the natural gradient it has!

image.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR