Weekly photo contest: Panoramas!

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
panoramas_photo_contest_iphone_5_hero.jpg

Sometimes we can't fit everything we want to inside a single frame, which is why panoramas exist. The iPhone, particularly the iPhone 5s, is capable of taking some pretty awesome panoramas. That's your task this week! Get out your iPhone and experiment with the panorama feature. Be creative and try some vertical panoramas too, you may be surprised at the results!

The contest begins today and ends Tuesday, April 15th at 6 p.m. Eastern time. Good luck!

The prize

This week's winner will snag an Olloclip for iPhone! Not only can you capture awesome close up shots, but wide angle and fisheye as well! For iPhone 5 and 5s owners you can even choose between two different zoom options for a total of 4 lenses in 1.

The rules

Submitted photos must have been taken with an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

We'll check the EXIF data of the original file to verify and any edits must have been done with an iPhone or iPad app. No Photoshop, Lightroom, or other external editing programs! If you have external lens accessories such as an Olloclip or other snap-on lens, you are more than welcome to use them.

You can submit as many photos as you'd like, but remember, this is a contest, so make sure you submit your best work!

Resources

Now, before you run off to take your photo, remember that it's not technical skill alone that will claim this prize. Even if you're not the best photographer (yet!), a great eye and a great subject can still get you the win.

However, a little help can never hurt, so make sure you check out our iPhone photography series for some tips.

How to submit

To submit your images, just attach them to this thread, that's it! If you don't have a desktop computer, you can use Tapatalk for iPhone or iPad in order to upload photos to this thread via your Camera Roll. Remember, NO images submitted outside this thread will be considered, NO EXCEPTIONS.

[URL="https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tapatalk-connecting-communities/id307880732?mt=8&at=10l3Vy]Click here to download Tapatalk for iPhone and iPad[/URL]

buxna

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Mostar -old bridge
The Old Bridge stood for 427 years, until it was destroyed on 9 November 1993 by Croat forces during the Croat?Bosniak War. Subsequently, a project was set in motion to reconstruct it, and the rebuilt bridge opened on 23 July 2004.

iPhone 5s
Edit -Snapseed
ypapy5ep.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2RC

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Mostar -old bridge
The Old Bridge stood for 427 years, until it was destroyed on 9 November 1993 by Croat forces during the Croat?Bosniak War. Subsequently, a project was set in motion to reconstruct it, and the rebuilt bridge opened on 23 July 2004.

iPhone 5s
Edit -Snapseed
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/09/ypapy5ep.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wooow what an amazing shot!

Congratulations

Enviado do meu iPad usando o iMore Forums

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Angel Oak, near Charleston, SC. One branch, didn't get it all. Taken with iPhone 5, edited with Photoshop Express.

yvyta2y8.jpg

Hey look! I'm on an iPhone!

93Aero

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Iphone 5c no editing or special lens.
Played around with Panorama while waiting for kids swim meet to start.

Attachments

• 1397083037167.jpg
    1397083037167.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
This was taken on my iPhone 5S with the stock camera app and with no editing. It was taken atop Blackbeard's Castle in St. Thomas, the US Virgin Islands on February 25th.

2jb172f.jpg

michael_calkins

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1397098380.607271.jpgImageUploadedByiMore Forums1397098418.168145.jpg

First picture was taken in Whitestone, Va on the Rappahanock River, the second picture was taken in the Exumas Islands of the Bahamas. Both were taken on my iPhone 5c and were edited on camera+

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods