As a spinoff from this thread, iPad mini w/ retina vs iPad 4 - iPhone, iPad, iPod Forums at iMore.com, does anyone use the original mini for light photo editing?

I read that the original struggles with photo/image editing and it is recommended that Air or Retina mini be used instead.

I'm confused because I've seen samples of images from an iPad 3 and they look great. Isn't the original mini on par, or even better than the iPad 3?

Obviously, price is a factor here and I'm not a professional photographer. The editing I would be doing would be very minimal.
    01-03-2014 08:45 PM
    As a spinoff from this thread, iPad mini w/ retina vs iPad 4 - iPhone, iPad, iPod Forums at iMore.com, does anyone use the original mini for light photo editing?

I read that the original struggles with photo/image editing and it is recommended that Air or Retina mini be used instead.

I'm confused because I've seen samples of images from an iPad 3 and they look great. Isn't the original mini on par, or even better than the iPad 3?

Obviously, price is a factor here and I'm not a professional photographer. The editing I would be doing would be very minimal.
    Ipad 3 is retina screen and 1st gen mini is not
    01-03-2014 09:10 PM
    Ipad 3 is retina screen and 1st gen mini is not
    Most people would argue that the screen size of the original mini compensates for the lack of retina though. I was more concerned about the hardware capabilities.
    01-03-2014 09:44 PM
    Most people would argue that the screen size of the original mini compensates for the lack of retina though. I was more concerned about the hardware capabilities.
    Yeah but the original mini is closer to the ipad 2 I'm hardware the than ipad 3
    bahandi likes this.
    01-03-2014 09:50 PM
    Yeah but the original mini is closer to the ipad 2 I'm hardware the than ipad 3
    Ahh. I can see why the reviewer would suggest the retina version of the mini over the original one then.

I was under the impression that the 1st gen mini was on par with the iPhone 5.
    01-04-2014 01:17 AM