Weekly photo contest: Let it snow!

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
instagram_iphone_5s_main_hero.jpg

For a lot of us around the world, snow has started to come down and the holiday season is just around the corner. While cold weather isn't always fun and requires a lot of layers in order to keep warm, it can be beautiful. Your task this week is to get out there and capture it. Whether it's sledding with your children, looking out the window with your favorite animal friend, or any other kind of snow related activity.

The contest begins today and ends Tuesday, December 17th at 10 p.m. Eastern time.

The prize

Aside from a thumbs up from the entire iMore crew, we'll be sending the winner a Mobile Nations prize pack full of swag from your favorite Mobile Nations sites! You can even pick which prize pack you'd like whether it be iMore, Android Central, CrackBerry, or wpCentral. But we already know which one you'll pick, right?

The rules

Submitted photos must have been taken with an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

We'll check the EXIF data of the original file to verify and any edits must have been done with an iPhone or iPad app. No Photoshop, Lightroom, or other external editing programs! If you have external lens accessories such as an Olloclip or other snap-on lens, you are more than welcome to use them.

You can submit as many photos as you'd like, but remember, this is a contest, so make sure you submit your best work!

Resources

Now, before you run off to take your photo, remember that it's not technical skill alone that will claim this prize. Even if you're not the best photographer (yet!), a great eye and a great subject can still get you the win.

However, a little help can never hurt, so make sure you check out our iPhone photography series for some tips.

How to submit

To submit your photos, just attach them to this thread, that's it! If you don't have a computer and need to upload via your iPhone or iPad, you can do so directly with the Tapatalk app, which you can download for free via the link below. Note that no photos send via email or other means will be considered!

[URL="https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tapatalk-community-reader/id307880732?at=10l3Vy]Click here to download Tapatalk for iPhone and iPad[/URL]

rickyb92

May 23, 2010
Visit site
iPhone 4S, VSOcam edits
sehede7y.jpg
yhunata4.jpg
13/12/12/e5e8emej.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

macaroon9

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
In Portland, OR so we don't get too much snow.. some pictures i took with my 4S. the one with the caption is one i saved to gallery from snapchat and the pool one was on instagram
011c1fa4f683234bf9ec90af0edff4dd46243fcfaa.jpg
0189e5770bc1ebe240fdf6881e047ed613f40ae668.jpg
019258a2f2272b00869a7a71d824bfb30a83b9f5a7.jpg

RunnerX

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
This is one of my first panoramic pictures taken with my new iPhone 5s.

This is a view from the frozen lake at my cabin in Northwestern Minnesota over the Thanksgiving Holiday.
When looking at the picture to the right is west and the left is east. I really like the capabilities of the iPhone's camera - quality is good too.

View attachment Winter Nov 2013 Cabin.jpg

I had trouble uploading this post using my iPhone so I used my laptop. Still learning to use the iPhone (converted from a number of Android phones)

julzz88

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
walkinginawinterwonderland.jpg

This is a picture of my girls walking to school after a significant "lake effect snow" event.
Taken with iphone 5c - only used auto-enhance option in photo editor on phone.

rachaelr0yce

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
duje7e2y.jpg

Most of the snow here in St Louis has melted off, but I thought our holiday mantle was cheery enough with jars of "snow".

Taken with iPhone 4S, used Camera+ to take the shot. No edits at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro