Weekly photo contest: Black and white!

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
We're back after a week long hiatus and this week's topic is going to be black and white! Those are the only rules we've got for you but keep in mind that not just any black and white photo will win the prize, it's got to be something that grabs our attention and combines some of the things you've learned in our iPhoneography series.

The contest begins today and ends Tuesday, September 17th, at 10pm Eastern time.

The prize

Aside from a thumbs up from the entire iMore crew, we'll be giving the winner of this week's contest a $30 iTunes gift card to help them load up with even more awesome photo editing apps of their choice!

The rules

Submitted photos must have been taken with an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

We'll check the EXIF data of the original file to verify and any edits must have been done with an iPhone or iPad app. No Photoshop, Lightroom, or other external editing programs! If you have external lens accessories such as an Olloclip or other snap-on lens, you are more than welcome to use them.

You can submit as many photos as you'd like, but remember, this is a contest, so make sure you submit your best work!

Resources

Now, before you run off to take your photo, remember that it's not technical skill alone that will claim this prize. Even if you're not the best photographer (yet!), a great eye and a great subject can still get you the win.

However, a little help can never hurt, so make sure you check out our iPhone photography series for some tips.

How to submit

To submit your photos, simply attach them to this thread. That's it! Only photos that appear in this thread will be considered so make sure yours shows up here and not via email or any other means.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Taken with an iPhone 5 and edited with iPhoto.
taqyhupa.jpg

Blazin' tappity tap tap 2 you!

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I had to go back and find two pics from my photo gallery, so I do no remember which apps I used for the final result. Take on iPhone 5 and edited on iPhone 5 with iPhone apps. I usually use more than one app to edit a picture.

Attachments

• IMG_7274.jpg
    IMG_7274.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_7709.JPG
    IMG_7709.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 48

JCRocky5

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Here are mine

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    489.3 KB · Views: 27
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    992 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    735.4 KB · Views: 29
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    735.8 KB · Views: 29

dannyschmidt

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm a touring musician, and have been loving the iPhone as a documentary tool, capturing what I can of the images along the way. These were taken with my iPhone 4S in Hipstamatic.

This one's from Detroit Lake in Oregon after it was drained:
IMG_4003.JPG

This one's from Issaquah, WA . . . a bunch of picnic tables at a park, stacked for the winter:
IMG_3957.JPG

This one's from outside Detroit, MI . . . heading into a gig in a snow storm:
IMG_3569.JPG

This one's during a snow storm on the way to Canmore, Alberta:
IMG_4961.JPG

And this one's of cuddling day-old goats outside Eugene, OR . . . cause baby animals are huge on the internet, and I'm a suck up:
IMG_4049.JPG

These were all taken with Hipstamatic . . . though, these days I tend to shoot with the native app more, and adjust in Snapseed. But for consistency sake, I posted all from the same app/process.

Thanks for everything y'all do here on iMore. I'm a huge fan. The podcasts, especially, help me gently through the miles.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative