Selfies

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I saw this on Gizmodo Shooting Challenge: Selfie and I thought that is a cool idea. You can see the submissions they got here http://gizmodo.com/14-selfies-taken..._source=gizmodo_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

So why not try that on iMore, we're a beautiful bunch of people. So I guess it's time for me to break out my Nikon D40 and my tripod and get to work. Yes I'm still rocking a D40 :( I was planning to upgrade last year but it was either a DSLR or the iPhone 5 guess which one won? lol Anyway so here are the loose rules, it's not a contest so there is no time limit and no prize, except the joy of having fun.

0. No watermarks. They're so ugly.
1. Submissions need to be your own.
2. Photos must be taken after today.
3. Explain, briefly, the equipment, settings, technique and story behind shot. * this is such a cool idea so please don't forget this step
4. One submission per person.
5. If the image contains any material or elements that are not owned by you and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, and/or if any persons appear in the image, you are responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the photograph, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the exhibition and use of the image in the manner set forth in these rules without additional compensation. If any person appearing in any image is under the age of majority in their state/province/territory of residence the signature of a parent or legal guardian is required on each release. ;)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Interesting, and hopefully, a lot of members will join in. As for your Nikon D40, it is still a top-notch camera so hold on to it as long as you can...:)

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Interesting, and hopefully, a lot of members will join in. As for your Nikon D40, it is still a top-notch camera so hold on to it as long as you can...:)

I've got lenses and other equipment for it so it aint going nowhere until I upgrade ;) and I too hope a lot of members join in. I'm preparing mine for this weekend going to try and get all artsy fartsy with it.

Rocktapus

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
i rarely ever take any selfies...so i'm breaking rule #2...these photos were taken earlier this year...using a DiffCase, GorillaPod, and the self-timer on Camera+
3a6b21a2418a11e2806d22000a1f9e4d_7.jpg
73a6f53c636711e28e1522000a1f9a99_7.jpg

i actually don't do yoga...but i have this weird ability to hold my balance for long periods of time. in the sunset photo, i am mimicking the eye of horus...the egyptian sungod. and in the other statue garden photo, i am mimicking the shape of the totem poles trying to blend in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2