Can anyone explain how the crop function in the native Photos app really works? It seems that the only place those crops are saved is in the Photos app itselfif I try to load the cropped photo into another app like Snapseed, it uses the original, uncropped version. Is there a way to change that behavior?
    08-18-2012 12:33 PM
    Can anyone explain how the crop function in the native Photos app really works? It seems that the only place those crops are saved is in the Photos app itselfif I try to load the cropped photo into another app like Snapseed, it uses the original, uncropped version. Is there a way to change that behavior?
    Massie, after reading your post, I cropped an insignificant photo via the native Photo app and then viewed it via the Camera + app and the photo displayed in the manner in which it was cropped. I had the Snapseed app that I got via a promo code but have since deleted it from my iPhone. I could not find it in my "Purchased" app section of the App Store so I'm assuming apps acquired via promo codes are not saved as purchased after deletion.
    08-18-2012 12:51 PM
    Weird. Just tried it with Camera+ and mine still shows the full, uncropped picture as the import.
    08-18-2012 01:16 PM
    Weird. Just tried it with Camera+ and mine still shows the full, uncropped picture as the import.
    That is weird and I don't know what to tell you. Once you've cropped your photo and saved it via the native Photo app, does both your original photo & cropped photo show in your camera roll or just the cropped photo? Only the cropped photo show up in mine.
    08-18-2012 01:25 PM
    Only the cropped version, but 3rd party apps still pull the full one. I do see on the Apple discussion boards that I'm not the only one with this issue, so we'll see what happens. Maybe I'm just overlooking something.
    08-18-2012 03:29 PM
    Yeah that is weird. Once I've cropped and saved only the cropped photo shows up in mine as well.

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk
    08-20-2012 04:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD