Weekly Photo Contest: Back to School

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
It's time to announce this week's photo contest -- Back to School! Summer vacation is coming to close (and already has for some students), which means it's time to get back in the classroom and hit the books. For this week's contest, we want you to take a photo that's somehow related to school whether it be a picture of your locker, a creative arrangement of all your supplies, a picture of your kid all dressed up for school, or a beautiful landscape of your campus -- we want to see it!

The prize: Glif tripod mount and stand!

glif-hero.jpg

The rules

The rules of entry are very simple. The photo must have been taken with an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch (we'll check the EXIF data of the original file to verify) and any edits must have been done with an iPhone or iPad app. No Photoshop CS6! If you have external lens accessories you are more than welcome to use them. You can submit as many photos as you'd like, but remember, this is a contest, so make sure you submit your best work!

Resources

Now, before you run off to take your photos, remember that it's not technical skill alone that will claim this prize. Even if you're not the best photographer (yet!), a great eye and a great subject can still get you the win. However, a little help can never hurt, so make sure you check out these articles from our iPhone photography series for some tips.

How to take great looking portraits with your iPhone
How to make your iPhone photography more striking with the ?rule of thirds?
How to make your iPhone photographs more powerful with negative space
How to take amazing macro photos with your iPhone

The contest begins now and ends next Monday, August 13 at 3p Pacific.

photyograph

May 19, 2012
Visit site
First Pic (BW) it's my campus building
Second Pic, a lake inside my campus area
btw, my campus is University of Indonesia :)

All pic taken with iphone4 verizon, edited with snapspeed

irish2013

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
The most beautiul campus in the world, the University of Notre Dame. This is the Office of Admissions, better known as the Golden Dome

iPhone 4 (Camera+)

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
The first picture is of South Building at The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, second picture is a graduation cake, and third is a shot of Sitterson Hall

oscarahj

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Chalk Board

I hated seeing this message on the chalk board when I was younger. This was taken at the school I work for. Yes, we still have chalk boards. ha!

Edited with Camera+ and Big Lens.

Tre

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Start grad school this Saturday after 8 years of working... (hopefully the brain still learns)

(edited w/ Camera+)

Dean211284

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Tried taking these with proCamera. Just a few of my sons stationary for his first school year.
0faae70b.jpg

34dca2e5.jpg

This one was edited with snapseed to add a slight dramatic effect.
e96fcd2d.jpg

SimpleAsItSeems

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
It was tough to find a back to school subject but I found something! This is my trusty unofficial Hide&Seek Clothing mini notebook, AKA I was at the owners house, grabbed his stamp and stamped my notebook! Shot with Camera+, edited in Snapseed.

View attachment 17982

Last edited:

metallicxsquink

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Took this using the iPhone 4S, Camera+ and post-processing in Fotor with the Nostalgia Filter. I wanted to showcase what my desk may look like on any given school night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2