Weekly Photo Contest: Cars!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
This week's photo contest is all about your car, truck, motorcycle, etc! We know how much you all love showing off photos of your ride, so please get creative and submit those great photos. For your photo to qualify, all it needs to be is somehow related to a motor vehicle. That means it can be a full body shot, or a close up macro of some detail that you love. Get creative!

The rules

The rules of entry are very simple. The photo must have been taken with an iPhone or iPad (we'll check the EXIF data of the original file to verify) and any edits must have been done with an iPhone or iPad app. No Photoshop CS6! If you have external lens accessories you are more than welcome to use them. You can submit as many photos as you'd like, but remember, this is a contest, so make sure you submit your best work!

Resources

Now, before you run off to take your photos, remember that it's not technical skill alone that will claim this prize. Even if you're not the best photographer (yet!), a great eye and a great subject can still get you the win. However, a little help can never hurt, so make sure you check out these articles from our iPhone photography series for some tips.

How to make your iPhone photographs more powerful with negative space
How to make your iPhone photography more striking with the ?rule of thirds?

The contest begins now and ends next Wednesday, July 11 at 5p Pacific.

Last edited:

hitzatak

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
beachgt.jpg

beachgt1.jpg

Using only the HDR Fusion App.

coskier

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
The car that Dan Wheldon won his first Indy 500 in, while driving for Andretti Autosport for the 2005 season. Shot with iPhone 4S, then edited in PS Express on the iPad.

KCMike

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Here are a few I took recently of my new 2012 Ford Focus. For these I used my iPhone 4, tadaa, & Snapseed.

7410229480_6b6f3a3a01_z.jpg

7410227740_a9200664c5_z.jpg

Last edited:

jorian85

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
The "Before" pic was taken with my Droid but the "After" was taken with my 4s, unedited. Walked out of this with a couple scratches and a huge bruise... from my seatbelt.

2011-09-22174618.jpg

522c868f.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.