Weekly Photo Contest: Pets!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CamKrohn

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
My dog Dash! ( the little one ) from when he was a super tiny pup, to a small small adult lol, and then Paris the hunting dog! hope you enjoy!

-Cameron
_ Twitter = CamKrohn

blasted11

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site

Munchster

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
This is Chubs, the class pet of my Biology class this past year! All throughout the year we would do random photo shoots of Chubs, and some of them such as this one turned out pretty good! Its hard snapping a picture of a constantly moving small hamster (; Taken with the stock camera app on my 4s, with no edits.

Daspoo

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Ha! So many awesome pets in here! Absolutely loving the theme this week! I probably take more pics of our cats (and animals in general) than anything else, so this is perfect. :) Here are a few from my side of the fence. :) Good luck, peeps!

Pic #1 (2676): Perry lounging about, while Scout the creeper stalks from the shadows...
Pic #2 (2677): Jason and Michael - named after the big boys of campy horror flicks, due to their insane playfulness - just chill at the humane society I volunteer at sometimes
Pic #3 (2680): Perry, up close and personal
Pic #4 (2681): Scout, wondering what I'm doing, as always
Pic #5 (2682): Perry gets some shut-eye

P.S. - Forgot to mention, all taken on an iPhone 4S with post-editing using Snapseed

aaronlvance

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
This week's photo contest is on pets! Let's see those adorable little (and big!) critters! If you submitted pet photos in last week's portrait contest, feel free to enter them again!

The prize: Glif tripod mount and stand

Click to view quoted image

In addition to a thumbs up from the iMore crew and all of us yelling about how great of a photo star you are, the winner of this week's photography contest will receive a Glif tripod mount and stand.

The rules

The rules of entry are very simple. The photo must have been taken with an iPhone or iPad (we'll check the EXIF data of the original file to verify) and any edits must have been done with an iPhone or iPad app. No Photoshop CS6! If you have external lens accessories you are more than welcome to use them. You can submit as many photos as you'd like, but remember, this is a contest, so make sure you submit your best work!

Resources

- How to take irresistible photos of your pets with your iPhone
- How to make your iPhone photographs more powerful with negative space
- How to make your iPhone photography more striking with the ?rule of thirds?
Just wondering, for future contests, could you post the starting date and ending date? That would help, thanks!
-Aaron

Rocktapus

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
photo1:
shot with Hipstamatic on the 4S.

this is nanoook. he's a very vocal, and surprisingly intelligent cat...you'd swear he was really a dog. he lost his best friend last week, so he's been a little depressed. the day his friend passed, you can hear the sadness in his meow. it was very heartbreaking. he's feeling a little better now, but he still misses his friend very dearly.

photo2:
shot with Hipstamatic on a 4th gen iPod Touch

her name is mica.[pronounced "mee-kuh"] her litter was being sold on the side of the road on the way to an indian reservation. thats how our aunt visiting from out of town got her....but as soon as she brought her back to our house, she got bored of mica. pets should never be impulse buys. we adopted her into our family, and she's the most loving pet we've ever had. she's extremely loyal and hyperactive.

photo3:
shot with Hipstamatic on a 3GS

this is ning-ning. he was nanook's best friend, and he pased away last week just shy of his 12th birthday. he was born in our backyard and was my first cat that i've ever raised from a kitten. we chose him out of the litter because he was very affectionate, and his tail wagged like a dog. he was very rambunctious as a youth, and liked to keep to himself. but when we adopted nanook, his personality started changing. he was always a silent cat until nanook came along. he'd see nanook would be able to get our attention by meowing...so ning-ning learned to do the same.

hudster80

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
pet pic

These are my two crazy pets! Photo 1 is my mini pin posing for a "fashion show", ok not really but she is a character! Photo 2 is my cat's tongue seems to be too big for his mouth. Photo 3 is him hiding in a water bottle casing. Don't ask me why, he is just being himself...

hudster80

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
These are my two crazy pets! Photo 1 is my mini pin posing for a "fashion show", ok not really but she is a character! Photo 2 is my cat's tongue seems to be too big for his mouth. Photo 3 is him hiding in a water bottle casing. Don't ask me why, he is just being himself...

I don't know why it flipped the 2 pics :/

alextheelion

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
These are my pictures of my dog Nala

Photo 1 - Nala when she just woke up

Photo 2- Nala in her pink sweater

Photo 3- Nala patrolling from the window

Photo 4 - Nala drinking after a long walk at the park

Photo 5- Nala in the California sun

All photos were taken with an iPhone 4s .. Edits were made mostly by instagram and pixlromatic

alextheelion

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
These are my favorite pictures of my dog Kovu

Photo 1- Center of attention Kovu

Photo 2- SpiderKovu

Photo 3- Black and White Kovu

Photo 4- Sleeping Kovu

Photo 5- Kovu ready to play some football

All photos were taken with an iPhone 4s . Edits were done with Instagram and pixlromatic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711