Weekly Photo Contest: Portraits!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
This week's photo contest in on portraits! This can be a portrait of your significant other, friend, or family member, a self portrait, a group portrait, or even a pet portrait! Heck, we'll even even accept a portrait of your favorite action figure! Be creative. Be original.

THE PRIZE

glif-snapheal-hero-620x246.jpg

We've got a treat for you this week and are giving away two prizes to the winning entry. The first is a Glif tripod case and stand and the second is courtesy of MacPhun -- [URL="http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/snapheal/id480623975?mt=12&at=10l3Vy]Snapheal for Mac[/URL]! Snapheal is a photo editing app for Mac that lets you erase unwanted objects in few clicks, remove spots on skin, delete text, scratches and perform pro image edits in a matter of minutes.

THE RULES

The rules of entry are very simple. The photo must have been taken with an iPhone or iPad (we'll check the EXIF data of the original file to verify) and any edits must have been done with an iPhone or iPad app. No Photoshop CS6! If you have external lens accessories you are more than welcome to use them. You can submit as many photos as you'd like, but remember, this is a contest, so make sure you submit your best work!

Have fun! I'm really looking forward to all the entries!

savral

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
Help from ColorSplash

I know a lot of people pull out the color in their eyes, so I decided to add another element. iPhone 4 with ColorSplash, then used Camera+ to add the border and soften up my face a bit, and you get what you see here. I know... I'm terrifying to look at, and could use a shave, but this is me. Good luck to all the entries including mine.

J2.jpg

Last edited:

Stephxieh

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
This is a Portrait of my Dogs, they are guarding my BF's sandwich!

This was taken on a iPhone 4s and was edited in Instagram.

I am adding a second photo of my dog chasing the sunshine. this was also edited with instagram.

Last edited:

mrolsen333

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Resting Moments

My wife and I were listen to music one morning on the computer . . . I looked up and saw this. Slowly and quietly I reached for my "quick draw" camera (iPhone 4s). You just can't manufacture these moments with the ones you love!

Portrait of my wife and our chihuahua Bella (Shot with the iPhone 4s and edited on the iPhone with Snapseed app)

tumblr_m4l436gQC41rq4sceo1_1280.png

aaronlvance

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I love doing portraits with my 4s! Can't beat the quality, speed and ability to edit right then and there. Here are a couple of my favorites along with which app I used to take/edit the photo:

Pic 1: My daughter Amira with her new plump friend. | Camera+
2012-05-01111440.jpg

Pic 2: Amira loves her massive head-flower! | Camera+ / Instagram
2012-05-08120714.jpg

Pic 3: Our porch buddy the blue tailed skink. | Camera Awesome
2012-05-18194755.jpg

Pic 4: My 9-month pregnant wife by the lake... Gorgeous! | Camera+ / Snapseed
2012-05-10214143.jpg

Pic 5: Another shot of my wife, taken just yesterday on her due date. (BTW, we're still waiting on this baby to come!) | Camera Awesome
2012-05-24120958.jpg

Thanks for another opportunity to share! May the best photo win (hopefully one of mine!). :)

soleobjective

May 17, 2012
Visit site
My little Skylar!!

7269806406_109d4364f5_z.jpg

I used Instagram and Diptic for the border. Gotta figure out a way to get her to stay still, too much puppy energy I guess

7308298678_8f2a5271f7.jpg

No apps used, just the default camera

Last edited:

jwsnj3rd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
My son loved it so i thought what the hell lol our t-rex family pet with my son riding his bike lol
Think the app is called taking pictures with dinos dont know if i could edit it more i just got it still playing with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73