Weekly Photo Contest: Water!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
Congrats to caropinzon for winning last week's black and white photography contest!

This week's contest is water!

Whether it's a photo of a body of water like above, reflections in a rain puddle, water droplets on a window or flower, or even just an artistic twist to a simple glass of water, we want to see it! Remember, though, creativity and originality is something we're always looking for.

Make sure you check out these tips from our iPhoneography series!
http://www.imore.com/2012/03/03/negative-space/
http://www.imore.com/2012/02/10/rule-thirds/

This week's winner will receive a Life Proof iPhone case!

Have fun! Can't wait to see all the entries! You guys rock

narrenhund

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Drops on leaf

attachment.php

My entry: drop on leaf, taken with iPhone 4S with olloclip macro lens, edited in Camera+

jlb21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
My first series of entries are of the water/buildings that I believe are the MWRA buildings just outside of Boston. These were all taken with my iPhone 4 while riding the commuter rail into Boston over a series of mornings. Instagram was used for some effects. These are the versions I grabbed from my Facebook page. Originals are on my PC at home.

(EDIT)

The first one was unedited. I was blown away by that and that's why I got into the series. And I belive IIRC, since the shape of the 6th is not square, that I used Photo Toaster for that one and not Instragram.

Last edited:

jlb21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
And my other two entries are also from the Commuter rail into/out of Boston. Both are from on the train looking at/thru/under the Beverly-Salem Bridge. The washed out one is going home/north and the other is in the morning on the way in to Boston.

IIRC, the grey washed out one was exactly how it was that day....cold and rainy. I did NOT edit colors at all on that one. Though I think I may have done a general contrast touchup and sharpened it a tiny bit.

These two are also with my iPhone 4 and edited with Photo Toaster. And again, the saved from Facebook versions as my originals are at home on my PC.

Last edited:

e1miran

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
Late afternoon on Clearwater Beach (Clearwater, FL, USA).

Taken in the late summer of 2010 with my then iPhone 4, using Pro HDR, minor post-processing in Photogene.

AntCarretero

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
After a rainstorm a month or so ago, I took this after getting in my car.

-edited with Snapseed & Instagram.

Post Edit: 2nd Image is The Lake at Central Park
-edited with Instagram only.

Last edited:

blominator

May 17, 2012
Visit site
The Japanese Garden

I took this photo with my iPad 2 while I was exploring a Japanese style garden with my 3 year old.

PhotoJan0813905PM.jpg

It was edited with Camera+.

jlb21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
So this is not going any where near winning, but fun and caption contest worthy nonetheless....

My cat Petey drinking water out of the dog's bowl (used Photo Toaster a bit):

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods