Weekly Photo Contest: Black and White!

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshnerez

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
taken with iPhone 4, edited in Lemme Lemme and Pixlr-o-matic.

Attachments

• iphone pixlromatic.jpg
    iphone pixlromatic.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

wamadden4

May 10, 2011
Visit site
One shot of a friend's dog named Vinnie and another shot of the coast in Malibu, California... Both were taken on the iPhone 4 stock app and both were edited on Snapseed...

ahals

May 13, 2012
Visit site
The first was taken with Darkroom and edited with HDR FX. All others taken with Camera Awesome and edited with Snapseed.

Ghazal Kaif

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Congrats to caropinzon for winning last week's negative space contest!

This week's contest is black and white photography! (monochromatic is ok too!)

The rules of entry are very simple. The photo must have been taken with an iPhone or iPad (we?ll check the EXIF data of the original file to verify) and any edits must have been done with an iPhone or iPad app. No Photoshop CS6! If you have external lens accessories you are more than welcome to use them. You can submit as many photos as you?d like, but remember, this is a contest, so make sure you submit your best work!

Make sure you check out these tips from our iPhoneography series!
http://www.imore.com/2012/03/03/negative-space/
http://www.imore.com/2012/02/10/rule-thirds/

This week's winner will receive a Glif tripod!

Have fun! Can't wait to see all the entries! You guys rock
What are the guidelines for this contest?

scatteredthings

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Here go my attempts! Taken with an iPhone 4S in all cases and edited either with Snapseed or iPhoto. The bunny is called Missy (although her online handle is 'suspicious bunny' owing to her expression in the first photo of her; the second is called 'Suspicious Bunny is Weight Conscious'!). The building is the Advanced Training Center at EMBL in Heidelberg Germany. It was originally designed as an underground car park and repurposed to be an above-ground conference center! Crazy (but beautiful).

Beezzy

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Took pics of my mom's Mother's Day Flowers I got for her on Saturday. They looked really good today and thought it would be perfect for the contest.

I used the regular iPhone 4S camera app with the HDR on and then used Photoshop Express to change it to black & white. Hope you guys enjoy it. Both pics are uploaded before and after edit.

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Here are a few I shot using Camera+ and 645 Pro. All editing was done with Snapseed, Camera+, and Photo Toaster:

Edit: not sure why some photos duplicated. Just started using tapatalk.

Last edited:

Daspoo

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
My Submissions - Good Luck Everyone!

Wow! Such amazing photos in this contest! Well, here's my try - good luck to everyone! You guys inspire me to become a better photographer. :)

-- These were taken on an iPhone 4S using Camera Awesome, and then post-edited using Snapseed.

P.S. - For those interested, the first 2 pics are from Railroad Park in downtown Birmingham, Alabama, and the third is from Troy University in Troy, Alabama.

Last edited:

Buzzerfly68

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Wow! Such amazing photos in this contest! Well, here's my try - good luck to everyone! You guys inspire me to become a better photographer. :)

-- These were taken on an iPhone 4S using Camera Awesome, and then post-edited using Snapseed.

P.S. - For those interested, the first 2 pics are from Railroad Park in downtown Birmingham, Alabama, and the third is from Troy University in Troy, Alabama.
Now we KNOW this was Photoshopped, as everybody knows there are no schools in Alabama. I'm kidding of course...:D
Just my two cents... You last picture is fantastic, but would have had a much better impact with just a touch of leveling/ straightening (many iPhone or iPad apps have this capability), and centering, IMHO. Nice work.
-==Buzz==-

Reactions: Daspoo

DavidChu

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Smeared | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

7082521733_45bbd4c238_n.jpg

Eleven, Twelve | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

6644122743_c63047a6bc_n.jpg

Morning Traffic | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

6358253311_b6e61b17e6.jpg

Last edited:

Daspoo

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
lol - I was about to get excited... "I know Photoshop now? Sweet!!" :D And of course there are schools in Alabama - where else are you gonna learn at what angle to tip a cow, or kick a can for maximum efficiency? lol

Thanks Buzz for the comments and advice. I'm absolutely a novice when it comes to all things photography, so I appreciate any and all tips that come my way. I'm especially raw when it comes to post-editing. That's why I'm so stoked about this forum and the contests. Winning one would be awesome, but I'm just happy to have a place where I can learn a little more. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW