email pics to projector during wedding?

mulletpilot

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
hello,
i was wondering if during an upcoming wedding, if there is a way to hook a projector (to say a flickr account) and as guests shot phone pics, they could email those pictures somewhere, and then be automatically projected on the screen, and put in slideshow rotation. i think it would be a pretty hilarious addition to any kind of party really.
this, i think, would only work if it was easy for guests to do (send email attachment), easy to trouble shoot, and took little managing during the night. i thought something like framechannel's service would have been perfect...if they didnt close up shop.

Any thoughts, ideas would be helpful. Im new to the forums and did some poking around, but couldn't find an answer. if there is already a thread about htis, i appologize!

Rocktapus

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
if you think everybody at the reception owns an iOS device, you can always create an iTunes account for everybody to log into...then have the resulting photostream show up in the slide show.

OR

do it the old fashion way with somebody updating the slideshow manually. i've never done anything like that, but i'd figure it'd be a dual-monitor type set up.
monitor 1: the laptop, where the person can set up the slideshow and add photos
monitor 2: the projector

i have no clue what applications would be used. i think on windows, you can do it with a screen saver or the default photo preview. and on a mac, you can use iPhoto. i hope that gives you some direction!

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Texting would be easier for everyone since not everyone has a smart phone .. Maybe text a number ( dedicated iPhone ) set up a computer to sideshow from a Dropbox folder on pc as u get the pics on your phone Dropbox them wireless to your pc ?

Or hook a iPad to the projector and project from the cloud then when u get a pic save to camera roll and it gos to the stream ?

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Rocktapus

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Texting would be easier for everyone since not everyone has a smart phone .. Maybe text a number ( dedicated iPhone ) set up a computer to sideshow from a Dropbox folder on pc as u get the pics on your phone Dropbox them wireless to your pc ?

Or hook a iPad to the projector and project from the cloud then when u get a pic save to camera roll and it gos to the stream ?

yeah that actually makes more sense.

text/email/tweet to a single iphone. the person with the iphone saves it to his/her camera roll, which will send it to the photostream [assuming theres wifi!]...then just display your photo stream on the projector...

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Ya I thought about that too but if someone has a wifi mobile hot spot then u would be good to go that's y I said drop box but your pc would need a Internet connection too ... Sorry it's only way I can think of

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro