One Provider. Most Secure of These?

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Of these three, iCloud, Outlook/OneDrive, Google, which do you believe to be the most secure?

I am looking to use one provider for email, photos, docs… all storage and services to one provider.

I use Apple hardware 99% of the time so iCloud makes sense but if OneDrive or Google is known to be more secure, I’m willing to use one of those as well. Not worried about cost.

If you were all in on one email and cloud service which would you recommend?

1. iCloud
2. Outlook/OneDrive
3. Google

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Of these three, iCloud, Outlook/OneDrive, Google, which do you believe to be the most secure?

I am looking to use one provider for email, photos, docs… all storage and services to one provider.

I use Apple hardware 99% of the time so iCloud makes sense but if OneDrive or Google is known to be more secure, I’m willing to use one of those as well. Not worried about cost.

If you were all in on one email and cloud service which would you recommend?

1. iCloud
2. Outlook/OneDrive
3. Google

iCloud is by far the most secure.
Not only because I’m biased towards Apple (I truly love everything Apple), but also because they’ve proven often and again to take security and privacy more serious than their counterparts.

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
iCloud is by far the most secure.
Not only because I’m biased towards Apple (I truly love everything Apple), but also because they’ve proven often and again to take security and privacy more serious than their counterparts.

Thank you for the feedback. Do you use iCloud for email and cloud storage then? Anything Google?

Last edited:

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for the feedback. Do you use iCloud for email and cloud storage then? Anything Google?

Nothing Google.
iCloud email only for the most important web accounts I have and Hotmail for semi-important stuff. Gmail for everything else.

iCloud is my only cloud storage account.
I don’t trust anything else with my documents.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
It depends on what you use it for.

For personal use, I would choose iCloud, then Microsoft 365 and Google. I feel like Apple does a better job at securing their user’s data and communicating around it.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
“Secured” to me has a wide meaning.
1. Secured on the originating device (OS and app that interfaces your device with the server cloud)
Winner: easily iOS/ICloud
2.Secured comms (on the wire communication between send and receive), winner: IMO MS/onedrive
3. Secured server cloud (Access is strong 2 factor auth, any hacking history, how easily do they give up your data which should ONLY be plainly direct court order): All Are Near Equal, Google has a bit of a reputation to give up your data at less than a precise court order.
4. Secured in the server cloud to be free from scanning to create and record “metadata” (more info for the big predicting machine) Winner: icloud.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
The paid tier products from all 3 are strong. Encrypted traffic, MFA/2FA, and robust. One's own configuration and use are the important bits in matter of being secure.

The services have differences. Microsoft by far the strongest for a lot of applications and the way you can scale. Apple has a simple to use version of basic features with others services available in your subscriptions. Google's work space has features between Apple and Microsoft.

At its most basic and affordable Microsoft has more robust productivity programs and a notes system far more robust than those Apple and Google have. If by email you mean hosting a domain, Apple has that free in paid tiers. Tasking and calendar will be more robust with Microsoft.
@bgl321 basically, for being "secure" it is on you and not with of these 3 companies you decide to pay.