Should Apple worry about smart watches from Fossil?

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I think Fossil looks more elegant because it looks like a watch. There’s no amount of watch faces that can make the Apple Watch look better than that..IMO. Whenever I want I dress up or something, I usually go for one of my mechanical timepieces. Apple is more of a functional piece..at least for me. With that being said, I still don’t think Apple has anything to worry about because there will always be a base. Plus Apple Watch will probably always work better with iPhones than anything else because that’s exactly how Apple wants it.

This. If Apple really wanted to takeover, they'd find a way to blend true elegance into their Apple Watches. Offer alternative models that are more refined and simply look better. The Apple Watch is boring to look at (unless you partner it with a fancy band) but it's very functional.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
This. If Apple really wanted to takeover, they'd find a way to blend true elegance into their Apple Watches. Offer alternative models that are more refined and simply look better. The Apple Watch is boring to look at (unless you partner it with a fancy band) but it's very functional.

Alternative models would be amazing!! Wishful thinking

Grace Hadid

Feb 27, 2019
Visit site
I feel apple watch is working ever ready better. Apart from that if the fossil looks cool as it looks exactly like wrist watch structure. talking about the core features apple is better as it monetizes the apps in the efficient manner than any other wrist band do.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Absolutely nothing to worry about.Apple watch is the best on the market
No mfg can top what the Apple Watch is capable of doing.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Apple has a great head start but now Google bought a company with market share and manufacturing experience. No doubt the the landscape will probably change.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I don’t think Apple has anything to worry about there is just no eco system that works together like Apple products yet. I’ll say this though me personally I like the Fossil Explorist wrist watch, I’ll be taking a closer look at it.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Don’t think fossil is going to keep making android wear devices for much longer.

Fossil just can’t compete with Apple or the Apple Watch due to the inferior Qualcomm processors found in android wear devices. Fitbit failed as well.

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
To be fair Fitbit was mainly focusing on fitness trackers/bands and smartwatches...they only tried to compete with the Apple Watch in recent years. But no, Apple shouldn’t be concerned with potential Fossil rivals...at least not for now.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77