There are few things in my mind, which is the best fiber optic cable or copper cable. I need help for the clear about this point. which is the better and faster connectivity cable?
    09-02-2017 03:59 AM
    Optic fiber has the fastest transmission power. Even there would be no loss in the transmission.
    09-02-2017 04:54 AM
    (For the basics)

In copper cables the signal is transported by electromagnetic waves, while in fiber optic cables the signal is transported by light.

Therefore the two media (copper cable/fiber optic) not only directly influence the signal (f.i. electric resistance resulting in loosing signal strength; electromagnetic interference; etc. ), but also the higher frequency of light allows to transmit more information in the same timespan.

However, not to forget is that electric devices work ... with electric signals; i.e. Even so you have a high gain in transmission speed and signal strength&quality while it is passing through the fiber optic, the electric signal needs first to be converted in to a light signal and later on back to an electric signal (optocouplers need to be added on both ends)

Finally, the higher bandwith of fiber optics allow to use single fibers for bi-directional communication, which -on top of the fact that it does not need a ground cable for the TX and RX cables (4 copper cables for bi-directional communication) - to be thinner (and easier to produce)
    Last edited by Jerry_; 09-02-2017 at 07:26 AM.
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    09-02-2017 06:50 AM