Saw a Samsung Note 4 at Best Buy...

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Mmmm. Lol. I would have said I had a corrolla. Just to see the look on his face.

And yes. The note 4 I think has a lot more features than the iPhone. I was almost sold with the Galaxy s5. But to be honest I only use my phone to text and Facebook. I barely use the features the iPhone has. I don't even use the camera that much. The only feature I envy is the full multitasking feature. Other than that I don't care about the rest.

If you use your phone for more basic tasks, the iPhone is leaps and bounds better than an Android counterpart. I'm sure it gets old as everyone says it, but it really does just work as it's supposed to! I had a Galaxy S5 prior to my iPhone 6 and while it did indeed have more feature than the iPhone 5S that I had before it, it was also incredibly buggy and a pure frustration to use. I loved my 5S but I simply got bored after 9 months and needed something to tide me over until the iPhone 6 launched, so I scooped up the S5 and let me tell you, it will never happen again. The next time I get bored, I'll take a Moto X instead. I bought one for my boyfriend and it's been phenomenal. It's the one smartphone that I truly regret never trying out for myself. If I had to get another Samsung, though, it would definitely be from the Note series as I would like the take the stylus for a spin. That being said, I would go into it eyes wide open fully expecting all the bugs that I experienced during my run with every other Samsung phone (most notably, as mentioned, the Galaxy S5).

P.S. You're 100% on the money that the Carolla comment was incredibly rude and condescending. The ironic part is that if you were to check the parking lot, he would've been driving a Geo Metro.

If you do not like touchwiz you can easily use a 3rd party launcher to replicate any skin you want including stock android or even android L which is not out yet but many themes are already based on it. And I have had a OnePlus One and there is a reason it is $350...

The comparisons of the iPhone 6+ and the Note 4 will be everywhere. Can't wait to see how they stack up.

A launcher will help to a degree, but it still won't make an Android phone run as smoothly as an iPhone. Of the dozens and dozens of Android phones I've had, none have come close to an iOS experience, even with Nova Launcher.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
If you do not like touchwiz you can easily use a 3rd party launcher to replicate any skin you want including stock android or even android L which is not out yet but many themes are already based on it. And I have had a OnePlus One and there is a reason it is $350...

The comparisons of the iPhone 6+ and the Note 4 will be everywhere. Can't wait to see how they stack up.

Yeah, I did but it's only a mask covering up an ugly foundation. Touchwhiz on top of android and launcher on top of Touchwhiz.

May I ask what is wrong with the OnePlus One? I've wanted a nexus but each iteration has terrible battery life and a very bad camera. Thanks for your help! :D

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Honestly I think people rip on Samsung too much. They make some great stuff.

I'm interested to see reviews on the note 4. Though I'm sure to be branded a flip flopper yet again, I'm still undecided on my new phone. I have tried the G3 and one M8, but had issues with those particular devices. Looking at the 6 and plus right now for iOS and for android looking at the note 4 and Moro x and one plus.

I have owned three Samsung phones and they have all been the most unreliable, error-laden, glitchy and just plain awful devices I have ever used. One device, my Note 3, turned itself off and wouldn't turn back on on so many occasions, it wasn't funny. On each occasion, I had to remove the case, remove the back and pull the battery. The first time it happened, I was waiting for a very important business call that came through whilst the device had turned itself off and I lost out on a contract worth over ?1500 (approx $2400). That was the straw that broke the camel's back and once my contract was up, I got rid of it for an iPhone 5s. I have vowed that I will never buy another Samsung phone as long as I live; it was an incredibly poor experience.

On XDA, another site, I was told on numerous occasions that in order to get the best from the phone, I needed to root it. Honestly, if I need to do something not recommended by the manufacturers in order to get the best from a device, there is something fundamentally wrong...

Laughinghyena

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Oh god, the launchers. I found myself changing themes obsessively. I pretty much wanted an iPhone after installing the best iOS 7 theme I could buy. My s4, at the time couldn't stack up against the iPhone 5 at well...being an iphone.

It's kind of funny when I think back. All those "features" on the s4 were disabled after a few days. Useful for others, not for me. This is basically what I use my phone for

6588539d527bcc9ad599277c7f849951.jpg

I heard the one plus one was a really nice phone. What's your opinion of it? What was the build quality?

Sent from my gold iPhone 6

planoman

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I did but it's only a mask covering up an ugly foundation. Touchwhiz on top of android and launcher on top of Touchwhiz.

May I ask what is wrong with the OnePlus One? I've wanted a nexus but each iteration has terrible battery life and a very bad camera. Thanks for your help! :D

The OnePlus One is a great piece of hardware. Cyanogen provides the software and while it is very smooth and the battery life is about the best I have seen on a smartphone that I owned, it still has a few bugs. CM is working to update it all the time, but if you do end up having an issue, just know that the company OnePlus is very slow to respond, if at all. You will essentially be on your own. I did not have any issues with my device and ended up selling it to get the 6+ and new Moto X. Check out the forums at Oneplus.net

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Honestly apples and oranges. Samsung makes nice hardware they really do. And throw in the S pen and the Note series is very nice.
But their software is atrocious. It really is that bad. Google has some really nice stock apps that Samsung tries to hide. They also add their own poorly written apps that are poor duplicates and try to force you to use them. You can disable some but not all. And before someone jumps in and says root is the answer, Samsung added their Knox security. So you can root to hide and disable these apps but if you trip Knox while doing this you lose all future OTAs.

As someone who has owned numerous Samsung phones, I would highly disagree. I won't ever own another one.

Chief G-Hawk

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Well what can you expect from Best Buy. Last time I went there, I was going to buy the iPad Mini Retina, but they tried to pursuade me into getting the Galaxy Tab or even Galaxy Note tablet series. He even showed me cool features. But of course I didn't buy it. I went to the Apple store and bought the mini instead.

Samsung does make nice device. But you can't compare a phone to a car.

taker888

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
To me the only smartphone that comes as close to the iPhone especially the 6 & 6+ is the HTC One M8. I had that phone back in April/May and I have to say HTC sense was a pleasant experience. No lag at all, consistently fast, excellent premium built, gorgeous 1080p display and the best stereo speakers on a phone today. Even though it's running android at the end of the day it was still pretty good. The camera is not horrible at all. In some shots, pics looked better on the HTC M8 than on the 5s. Battery usage could have been better though, but what's new with that. Again now, it comes down to OS and experience. Apps on android looks outdated and crashes alot compare to apps on iOS. I sold the HTC M8 and went back to iOS because iOS is reliable and just works. No headaches and spyware/virus free. I feel safe shopping on safari than I do on any web kit browser on android. When jailbreaking, its even more enjoyable. Yes u may get the same tweaks/features you get on stock android but I rather have it on a iOS device than to face android and their os altogether.

geekymcfly

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
can someone explain to me why this is relevant and how the Samsung bashing is so different from the Apple bashing. Isn't that tiring? Both companies are good enough companies that no one or a small few of people actually work at and get paid by these companies but I can't go nowhere without hearing either side

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
And of course the employees will bash the iPhone 6 ...aside from that it does look nice with its features I guess but not sure how it will translate to better functionality ...anyone else have had an experience with it and what did you think compared to iPhone 6 Plus?

That is why anytime I go to any carrier store/other retailer I do not even ask the employees for anytime of advice because it is always biased some way. If it is anything like the alpha, that metal band made it feel really great in hand. With the specs I am sure it will be a solid performer, but the note line has never really lacked in the specs department. The note and iPhone 6+ are two different beasts entirely. The added functionality that samsung adds with apps and the s pen, really take advantage of the larger screen. Apple hasn't done as much to take advantage of the larger screen. Both will be great devices I am sure and I don't think you could go wrong choosing either depending on what your OS of choice is.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Oh god, the launchers. I found myself changing themes obsessively. I pretty much wanted an iPhone after installing the best iOS 7 theme I could buy. My s4, at the time couldn't stack up against the iPhone 5 at well...being an iphone.

It's kind of funny when I think back. All those "features" on the s4 were disabled after a few days. Useful for others, not for me. This is basically what I use my phone for

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/29/6588539d527bcc9ad599277c7f849951.jpg

I heard the one plus one was a really nice phone. What's your opinion of it? What was the build quality?

Sent from my gold iPhone 6

I have had similar experiences. I liked all of the features, but I had to turn them all off after a while because the phone didn't work well when all of the features wer enableed. So it defeated the purpose of having so many features is the phone didn't perform well with them enabled. Bells and whistles are nice, but to be perfectly honest, the iPhone is coming with a lot of features as well. And you can enable all of them and not see any slowdown.

Sent from my iPad Air. Best tablet on the planet.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
The OnePlus One is a great piece of hardware. Cyanogen provides the software and while it is very smooth and the battery life is about the best I have seen on a smartphone that I owned, it still has a few bugs. CM is working to update it all the time, but if you do end up having an issue, just know that the company OnePlus is very slow to respond, if at all. You will essentially be on your own. I did not have any issues with my device and ended up selling it to get the 6+ and new Moto X. Check out the forums at Oneplus.net

Yeah, that's exactly what I was afraid of. With buying those devices from carriers, you have that support but if I am relying on a shifty Chinese company then you really need to think about the consequences. I guess I should just wait to see what the Nexus 6 is like and if not, get the Moto. Thanks for the info!

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I also wanted to address this Best Buy people are idiots talk. My gf is in customer service at Best Buy and I honestly cannot believe the way customers treat her. If I was present I would seriously consider curb stomping some of these ***-hats just from the threats and insults to her intelligence she puts up with and at the very least, put these children dressed as adults in their places. She is beyond intelligent but she isn't an absolute techie. She will transfer you if she doesn't have the knowledge to someone who does. I want you all to remember that these are PEOPLE. They are not below you first of all and you cannot treat them like trash because you think they are beneath you. Each person, LIKE YOU, have their own product biases. These people tried to sell you a Samsung product probably because Best Buy does not make money off Apple products. They only make money off of accessories. This is business and they WANT to make money, BTW.

A little word of advice: next time you are looking for that out-of-stock product and you are rude to the salespeople, just know that if they had any inclination to double check, it is now gone. Any extra-mile they would have gone for you, is now gone. If you are going to be a ****ty person from the get-go, you are going to get ****ty service regardless of the initial competence of the employee.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods