Saw a Samsung Note 4 at Best Buy...

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I also have yet to decide if I want to go into a he gables camp or not. I do watch a lot of video and play games, but I still need to use the phone out and about.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Honestly I think people rip on Samsung too much. They make some great stuff.

I'm interested to see reviews on the note 4. Though I'm sure to be branded a flip flopper yet again, I'm still undecided on my new phone. I have tried the G3 and one M8, but had issues with those particular devices. Looking at the 6 and plus right now for iOS and for android looking at the note 4 and Moro x and one plus.

Lol.

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
To be fair that employee is an *****. The more acceptable comparison would be BMW versus Mercedes. They are both nice and people will choose due to personal preference or one specific feature they are looking for.

Or, pick both like me!

falconeight

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Samsung makes nothing more than cheap plastic bodied throw away phones. They copy everyone and never innovate. Sony makes their phones waterproof, Samsung does the same. Apple uses a home button, Samsung uses a home button. They use free software and add so much bloat that it bogs down any specs that they throw in it. They released devices at a pace that is going to destroy them. 6 watches in 7 months? So many tablets that they don't even know what's out there. Faux leather, faux stitching, faux wood, faux metal, and faux river rock. If I was interested in android, Samsung would be last on my list.

ChrisJ1

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I think it's disrespectuful. You never know what kind of car people have. I would have said I own a corrolla just to see the look on his face. How disrespectful.

And you know what's funny? That first: Corolla is a car and Mercedes is a brand. Second: Corollas are way better than Mercedes in terms of reliability and resale value. I bought my Mercedes for about $40k 2013. If I put it up online or go to a dealership I get about $33k or less for it, it's not even a year old and i am not sure if it will even sell. While a corolla that's about $22-23k can still sell at about $20k if it's the 2013 model and you are sure it will sell, corollas are wanted everywhere.

What else is funny is that I am sure the person that made that comparison can't probably even afford a brand new corolla (Why else would he be working at Best Buy?)

But well. That's just my opinion.

IIJBII

Jul 24, 2004
Visit site
Samsung makes nothing more than cheap plastic bodied throw away phones. They copy everyone and never innovate. Sony makes their phones waterproof, Samsung does the same. Apple uses a home button, Samsung uses a home button. They use free software and add so much bloat that it bogs down any specs that they throw in it. They released devices at a pace that is going to destroy them. 6 watches in 7 months? So many tablets that they don't even know what's out there. Faux leather, faux stitching, faux wood, faux metal, and faux river rock. If I was interested in android, Samsung would be last on my list.

Regardless of your opinion (or mine) Samsung makes some great products. Let's be honest, they pushed others to the "phablet" category. They were successful at doing it. I have no issue with Samsung or android. I love it. It pushes technology.

jneusch

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I had the Note2 and Note3. I had already decided on a Note4 if Apple didn't release the 5.5. I am sure glad they did because I am very happy with my 6 plus. I can't believe how fluid everything feels even though the processor and ram are a lot less than the Android flagships. I have also recently owned an LG G3 a OnePlus One and a Moto X. After 24 hours with my 6plus I already sold all but the Moto X. At least it takes a nano SIM in case I break my iPhone.

FWIW the Note series is a solid phone with great features. Touchwiz is not as bad as many people make it out to be and rooting is really unnecessary. I used an alternate launcher just to add some more flexibility and ease of use. It also made the OS more fluid.

DoyouFanBoyBro

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I've owned every single Samsung device. To include the note 3 and the S5. I don't think I'm going to buy any anymore because every single time I keep growing more frustrated at all the "S" featured software that just doesn't work.

planoman

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Regardless of your opinion (or mine) Samsung makes some great products. Let's be honest, they pushed others to the "phablet" category. They were successful at doing it. I have no issue with Samsung or android. I love it. It pushes technology.

Well said. Why is everybody wasting time ripping on the Note of all devices. For what it does it has no equal and it gave birth to the larger cell phones we are enjoying today in the new iPhones. Just appreciate what you have and don't worry so much how others spend their money. Just a few weeks ago many of you were squinting at your 4 inch screen and telling anyone who would listen that a 4 inch screen was fine...

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I went in to test the Note/S5 again to make sure the 6+ was for me(My opinion):

I honestly can't figure out why the screen is so talked about. If it was on the iPhone, I would skip that model. Maybe it's my eyes but I just find the screen horrendous.

It doesn't feel good in the hand. I don't care if it's more durable or not, it feels cheap. That's purely subjective but eurgh. Maybe a case would make it feel better. I also don't like the bezel design. The plastic has this feel to it...The G3 also has this feel.

The UI...Touchwhiz is still terrible and there is still lag. It's an eyesore. I really wish Samsung allowed skinning Touchwhiz. Viewing the UI with the screen makes me cringe. I love the look of Sense 5 and Stock Android. I really wish I didn't have to run a launcher on top of everything.

A lot of great features but nothing I would use myself. Yes, even if it was on iPhone. Most of it feels half-baked

Along with a 6+, I want to get a Oneplus One for android L. Those look sexy and it is really close to stock android...I just hope android gets better with L.

planoman

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I went in to test the Note/S5 again to make sure the 6+ was for me(My opinion):

I honestly can't figure out why the screen is so talked about. If it was on the iPhone, I would skip that model. Maybe it's my eyes but I just find the screen horrendous.

It doesn't feel good in the hand. I don't care if it's more durable or not, it feels cheap. That's purely subjective but eurgh. Maybe a case would make it feel better. I also don't like the bezel design. The plastic has this feel to it...The G3 also has this feel.

The UI...Touchwhiz is still terrible and there is still lag. It's an eyesore. I really wish Samsung allowed skinning Touchwhiz. Viewing the UI with the screen makes me cringe. I love the look of Sense 5 and Stock Android. I really wish I didn't have to run a launcher on top of everything.

A lot of great features but nothing I would use myself. Yes, even if it was on iPhone. Most of it feels half-baked

Along with a 6+, I want to get a Oneplus One for android L. Those look sexy and it is really close to stock android...I just hope android gets better with L.

If you do not like touchwiz you can easily use a 3rd party launcher to replicate any skin you want including stock android or even android L which is not out yet but many themes are already based on it. And I have had a OnePlus One and there is a reason it is $350...

The comparisons of the iPhone 6+ and the Note 4 will be everywhere. Can't wait to see how they stack up.

taker888

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
My sister is heading towards the Note 4 over the 6+. She asked me what did I think about the Note 4. Honestly, I think the Note 4 is a great phone with features I think the 6+ needs like multi- splitview, more ram & a better 1 handed use but to me what's holding it back is the android os. I actually like touchwiz better than stock android but overall it's the android os that is not consistent, bloatware and not eco friendly. She had the s5 earlier this year which is basically the same thing, only to return back to her iPhone. It's a reason why ppl go back to iOS. It just works! She's getting the 6+, no doubt about it, lol

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I played with it. Nice hardware, superb screen, horrible OS experience. The screen is definitely nicer than the plus. I'm sorry but the software is not user friendly at all. Keep trying Samsung.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro