Samsung makes nothing more than cheap plastic bodied throw away phones. They copy everyone and never innovate. Sony makes their phones waterproof, Samsung does the same. Apple uses a home button, Samsung uses a home button. They use free software and add so much bloat that it bogs down any specs that they throw in it. They released devices at a pace that is going to destroy them. 6 watches in 7 months? So many tablets that they don't even know what's out there. Faux leather, faux stitching, faux wood, faux metal, and faux river rock. If I was interested in android, Samsung would be last on my list.
    Regardless of your opinion (or mine) Samsung makes some great products. Let's be honest, they pushed others to the "phablet" category. They were successful at doing it. I have no issue with Samsung or android. I love it. It pushes technology.
    21stNow and planoman like this.
    09-28-2014 08:19 PM
    Oh and the employees referred iPhones to as the "Corrolla" while Samsung's the "Mercedes Benz".... Lol
    And we can't understand why they are loosing money.
    09-28-2014 08:22 PM
    And we can't understand why they are loosing money.
    Best Buy employees are about as stupid as VZW employees.
    zerog46 and Cleveland like this.
    09-28-2014 08:26 PM
    I had the Note2 and Note3. I had already decided on a Note4 if Apple didn't release the 5.5. I am sure glad they did because I am very happy with my 6 plus. I can't believe how fluid everything feels even though the processor and ram are a lot less than the Android flagships. I have also recently owned an LG G3 a OnePlus One and a Moto X. After 24 hours with my 6plus I already sold all but the Moto X. At least it takes a nano SIM in case I break my iPhone.

FWIW the Note series is a solid phone with great features. Touchwiz is not as bad as many people make it out to be and rooting is really unnecessary. I used an alternate launcher just to add some more flexibility and ease of use. It also made the OS more fluid.
    DoyouFanBoyBro likes this.
    09-28-2014 09:32 PM
    I've owned every single Samsung device. To include the note 3 and the S5. I don't think I'm going to buy any anymore because every single time I keep growing more frustrated at all the "S" featured software that just doesn't work.
    09-28-2014 09:54 PM
    Oh and the employees referred iPhones to as the "Corrolla" while Samsung's the "Mercedes Benz".... Lol
    You've got to be kidding!! Those employees should be fired for incompetent!
    09-28-2014 09:55 PM
    You've got to be kidding!! Those employees should be fired for incompetent!
    Dude, it’s Best Buy. In Arizona, if they hang their employee ID from their rear-view mirror, they are legally allowed to park in handicap spaces.
    09-28-2014 10:10 PM
    Dude, its Best Buy. In Arizona, if they hang their employee ID from their rear-view mirror, they are legally allowed to park in handicap spaces.
    LOL
    09-28-2014 10:13 PM
    Regardless of your opinion (or mine) Samsung makes some great products. Let's be honest, they pushed others to the "phablet" category. They were successful at doing it. I have no issue with Samsung or android. I love it. It pushes technology.
    Well said. Why is everybody wasting time ripping on the Note of all devices. For what it does it has no equal and it gave birth to the larger cell phones we are enjoying today in the new iPhones. Just appreciate what you have and don't worry so much how others spend their money. Just a few weeks ago many of you were squinting at your 4 inch screen and telling anyone who would listen that a 4 inch screen was fine...
    09-28-2014 10:21 PM
    I went in to test the Note/S5 again to make sure the 6+ was for me(My opinion):

I honestly can't figure out why the screen is so talked about. If it was on the iPhone, I would skip that model. Maybe it's my eyes but I just find the screen horrendous.

It doesn't feel good in the hand. I don't care if it's more durable or not, it feels cheap. That's purely subjective but eurgh. Maybe a case would make it feel better. I also don't like the bezel design. The plastic has this feel to it...The G3 also has this feel.

The UI...Touchwhiz is still terrible and there is still lag. It's an eyesore. I really wish Samsung allowed skinning Touchwhiz. Viewing the UI with the screen makes me cringe. I love the look of Sense 5 and Stock Android. I really wish I didn't have to run a launcher on top of everything.

A lot of great features but nothing I would use myself. Yes, even if it was on iPhone. Most of it feels half-baked

Along with a 6+, I want to get a Oneplus One for android L. Those look sexy and it is really close to stock android...I just hope android gets better with L.
    09-28-2014 10:22 PM
    I went in to test the Note/S5 again to make sure the 6+ was for me(My opinion):

I honestly can't figure out why the screen is so talked about. If it was on the iPhone, I would skip that model. Maybe it's my eyes but I just find the screen horrendous.

It doesn't feel good in the hand. I don't care if it's more durable or not, it feels cheap. That's purely subjective but eurgh. Maybe a case would make it feel better. I also don't like the bezel design. The plastic has this feel to it...The G3 also has this feel.

The UI...Touchwhiz is still terrible and there is still lag. It's an eyesore. I really wish Samsung allowed skinning Touchwhiz. Viewing the UI with the screen makes me cringe. I love the look of Sense 5 and Stock Android. I really wish I didn't have to run a launcher on top of everything.

A lot of great features but nothing I would use myself. Yes, even if it was on iPhone. Most of it feels half-baked

Along with a 6+, I want to get a Oneplus One for android L. Those look sexy and it is really close to stock android...I just hope android gets better with L.
    If you do not like touchwiz you can easily use a 3rd party launcher to replicate any skin you want including stock android or even android L which is not out yet but many themes are already based on it. And I have had a OnePlus One and there is a reason it is $350...

The comparisons of the iPhone 6+ and the Note 4 will be everywhere. Can't wait to see how they stack up.
    09-28-2014 10:30 PM
    My sister is heading towards the Note 4 over the 6+. She asked me what did I think about the Note 4. Honestly, I think the Note 4 is a great phone with features I think the 6+ needs like multi- splitview, more ram & a better 1 handed use but to me what's holding it back is the android os. I actually like touchwiz better than stock android but overall it's the android os that is not consistent, bloatware and not eco friendly. She had the s5 earlier this year which is basically the same thing, only to return back to her iPhone. It's a reason why ppl go back to iOS. It just works! She's getting the 6+, no doubt about it, lol
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    09-28-2014 11:02 PM
    I'll pass. I've seen this phone. It looks cool but no where near the 6+.
    09-28-2014 11:14 PM
    I played with it. Nice hardware, superb screen, horrible OS experience. The screen is definitely nicer than the plus. I'm sorry but the software is not user friendly at all. Keep trying Samsung.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    09-29-2014 12:03 AM
    To me, Samsung makes a nice set of devices with a terrible OS. Such a shame.
    09-29-2014 12:37 AM
    Mmmm. Lol. I would have said I had a corrolla. Just to see the look on his face.

And yes. The note 4 I think has a lot more features than the iPhone. I was almost sold with the Galaxy s5. But to be honest I only use my phone to text and Facebook. I barely use the features the iPhone has. I don't even use the camera that much. The only feature I envy is the full multitasking feature. Other than that I don't care about the rest.
    If you use your phone for more basic tasks, the iPhone is leaps and bounds better than an Android counterpart. I'm sure it gets old as everyone says it, but it really does just work as it's supposed to! I had a Galaxy S5 prior to my iPhone 6 and while it did indeed have more feature than the iPhone 5S that I had before it, it was also incredibly buggy and a pure frustration to use. I loved my 5S but I simply got bored after 9 months and needed something to tide me over until the iPhone 6 launched, so I scooped up the S5 and let me tell you, it will never happen again. The next time I get bored, I'll take a Moto X instead. I bought one for my boyfriend and it's been phenomenal. It's the one smartphone that I truly regret never trying out for myself. If I had to get another Samsung, though, it would definitely be from the Note series as I would like the take the stylus for a spin. That being said, I would go into it eyes wide open fully expecting all the bugs that I experienced during my run with every other Samsung phone (most notably, as mentioned, the Galaxy S5).

P.S. You're 100% on the money that the Carolla comment was incredibly rude and condescending. The ironic part is that if you were to check the parking lot, he would've been driving a Geo Metro.

If you do not like touchwiz you can easily use a 3rd party launcher to replicate any skin you want including stock android or even android L which is not out yet but many themes are already based on it. And I have had a OnePlus One and there is a reason it is $350...

The comparisons of the iPhone 6+ and the Note 4 will be everywhere. Can't wait to see how they stack up.
    A launcher will help to a degree, but it still won't make an Android phone run as smoothly as an iPhone. Of the dozens and dozens of Android phones I've had, none have come close to an iOS experience, even with Nova Launcher.
    Hiri89 and larsonage like this.
    09-29-2014 12:50 AM
    Reverse Apple for Samsung in these tedious posts, this thread could be dragged and dropped onto Android Central.
    rex450se likes this.
    09-29-2014 12:58 AM

Yeah, I did but it's only a mask covering up an ugly foundation. Touchwhiz on top of android and launcher on top of Touchwhiz.

May I ask what is wrong with the OnePlus One? I've wanted a nexus but each iteration has terrible battery life and a very bad camera. Thanks for your help!
    09-29-2014 01:04 AM
    Reverse Apple for Samsung in these tedious posts, this thread could be dragged and dropped onto Android Central.
    So the folks at Android Central discuss Apple's annoying TouchWiz and Samsung's coolest iOS8 features?
    09-29-2014 02:26 AM
    Honestly I think people rip on Samsung too much. They make some great stuff.

I'm interested to see reviews on the note 4. Though I'm sure to be branded a flip flopper yet again, I'm still undecided on my new phone. I have tried the G3 and one M8, but had issues with those particular devices. Looking at the 6 and plus right now for iOS and for android looking at the note 4 and Moro x and one plus.
    I have owned three Samsung phones and they have all been the most unreliable, error-laden, glitchy and just plain awful devices I have ever used. One device, my Note 3, turned itself off and wouldn't turn back on on so many occasions, it wasn't funny. On each occasion, I had to remove the case, remove the back and pull the battery. The first time it happened, I was waiting for a very important business call that came through whilst the device had turned itself off and I lost out on a contract worth over 1500 (approx $2400). That was the straw that broke the camel's back and once my contract was up, I got rid of it for an iPhone 5s. I have vowed that I will never buy another Samsung phone as long as I live; it was an incredibly poor experience.

On XDA, another site, I was told on numerous occasions that in order to get the best from the phone, I needed to root it. Honestly, if I need to do something not recommended by the manufacturers in order to get the best from a device, there is something fundamentally wrong...
    anon4757448 likes this.
    09-29-2014 06:18 AM
    Oh god, the launchers. I found myself changing themes obsessively. I pretty much wanted an iPhone after installing the best iOS 7 theme I could buy. My s4, at the time couldn't stack up against the iPhone 5 at well...being an iphone.

It's kind of funny when I think back. All those "features" on the s4 were disabled after a few days. Useful for others, not for me. This is basically what I use my phone for

I heard the one plus one was a really nice phone. What's your opinion of it? What was the build quality?

Sent from my gold iPhone 6
    09-29-2014 06:25 AM
    Yeah, I did but it's only a mask covering up an ugly foundation. Touchwhiz on top of android and launcher on top of Touchwhiz.

May I ask what is wrong with the OnePlus One? I've wanted a nexus but each iteration has terrible battery life and a very bad camera. Thanks for your help!
    The OnePlus One is a great piece of hardware. Cyanogen provides the software and while it is very smooth and the battery life is about the best I have seen on a smartphone that I owned, it still has a few bugs. CM is working to update it all the time, but if you do end up having an issue, just know that the company OnePlus is very slow to respond, if at all. You will essentially be on your own. I did not have any issues with my device and ended up selling it to get the 6+ and new Moto X. Check out the forums at Oneplus.net
    09-29-2014 07:10 AM
    Honestly apples and oranges. Samsung makes nice hardware they really do. And throw in the S pen and the Note series is very nice.
    But their software is atrocious. It really is that bad. Google has some really nice stock apps that Samsung tries to hide. They also add their own poorly written apps that are poor duplicates and try to force you to use them. You can disable some but not all. And before someone jumps in and says root is the answer, Samsung added their Knox security. So you can root to hide and disable these apps but if you trip Knox while doing this you lose all future OTAs.
    As someone who has owned numerous Samsung phones, I would highly disagree. I won't ever own another one.
    09-29-2014 07:14 AM
    As someone who has owned numerous Samsung phones, I would highly disagree. I won't ever own another one.
    So I say their software is horrible and unusable, you then say you will never own another, yet we disagree?
    09-29-2014 07:15 AM
    Well what can you expect from Best Buy. Last time I went there, I was going to buy the iPad Mini Retina, but they tried to pursuade me into getting the Galaxy Tab or even Galaxy Note tablet series. He even showed me cool features. But of course I didn't buy it. I went to the Apple store and bought the mini instead.

Samsung does make nice device. But you can't compare a phone to a car.
    09-29-2014 09:26 AM
67 123