Has Anybody Gotten The Full Microsoft Yet For Any iDevice?

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Have you installed the full Microsoft Office on any of your Apple devices yet and if so what do you think of it. Here is the Blogs Opinion on iPad.

Microsoft Office for iPad review: Yep, it's good | iMore

I have; just finishing off my degree, and so I still qualify for the student pricing on Office 365 ($79 for two computers and two tablets for four years).

I think it's great. I've set up Office 2011 on the OS X partition of my Macbook Air and Word, Excel, and Powerpoint on my iPad Air.

Beautiful layout, much improved functionality over the generic suites that have some Office compatibility, and it's very easy to edit my documents across Office's Mac, Windows, and iOS iterations.

I worry slightly over how it'll deal with me trying to edit those documents when I don't have steady internet access, but that's a problem for another day, I suppose. (When I'm in Canada and the US, I _do_ have steady internet access with my cell phone and tablet data plans...)

At under $20/year, it's so worth it.

Question is, is it worth it at $69/year (personal subscription) or $99/year (household subscription)?

Provided that you're actually abiding by Microsoft's license agreements, and you're keeping your computers and software updated, it should be cheaper than buying Office outright. Office Home and Business costs somewhere around $280 outright, and comes with no updates between major versions.

If someone isn't... well, that's why Microsoft is moving to these pricing models, I imagine.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711