Anyone Using The "New Gmail" Yet?

Nophix

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
It auto updated on my Galaxy S3, and its awful! Wtf were they thinking?

It was so good before, now it's hard to read at a glance, and nothing has any flow at all.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Not till the have a way to increase the font size.

+1... Every time I read about an update to the official Gmail app, the first thing I do is scroll through the list of improvements to see if the option to increase the font size is included and like the previous times, I'm once again disappointed and therefore I will not waste my time with it, not even to test it out.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
It seems like you guys are all talking about the mobile app, yes? I'm wondering more about the new desktop layout.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It seems like you guys are all talking about the mobile app, yes? I'm wondering more about the new desktop layout.

Yes, we were, Massie. Sorry. Anyway, I did logon via my MacBook's Safari browser and then viewed, moved and re-arranged labels, etcetera. Anyway, I like the new layout and found it easy to maneuver.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
still using the classic layout. I guess at some point I will need to switch. Maybe I will do so this week.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I still haven't seen it! Maybe I'll try to switch it over manually tonight and see how it goes. Thanks everyone for the opinions!

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Same here bh.
Gotta spend some time on the desktop version on my MacBook Air.
Good Luck

I hear ya...:)...99% of my email transactions are done via my iPhone, and although I am on my MacBook quite frequently, I rarely use it to access any email by logging into the websites with the exception of my Outlook.com email.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Used it for about 10 minutes and switched back to normal list view in Gmail. It was too much to think about. I don't get so much email that I have to sort them into tabs. And the mobile app makes me have to check each one. I want my mail in one place.

vdroide

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I tried it for a few days and it is kinda cool but, I don?t get nearly enough email to warrant such filtering. What?s more I am back to iCloud email and I bought AirMail a few days ago and it would be able to reproduce the separation over IMAP.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner