Importing Google Calendar to iCloud

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking at moving everything Goolge into iCloud. I've already done my contacts. I'm having trouble getting my calendar over though. I already exported my calendar from Google and saved the file as an .ical or .ics file. I then emailed it to my iphone and added all the events. However, there are some missing, namely the most recent ones. I am on a PC, don't have a Mac. Does anyone know another way to import my google calendar to iCloud?

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Were the most recent ones contained in the export file?

Yes. I imported the whole calendar. Appears to have stopped around November. I tried deleting the iCloud calendar and adding again. Same thing. When scrolling through the events before adding it shows all the events that should be added but for some reason it not adding all of them.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Will do when I get home. Taking the kids sledding right now.

No problem. I don't need the instructions for myself because I have a MacBook and it is a cinch to do with it, but I was thinking of the people who use Windows PCs. Anyway, enjoy your time with your kids and have a great day...:)

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Ok. For those wishing to export your google calendar into iCould via a PC with Microsoft Outlook, here you go...

1. From your google calendar, click the settings wheel, then "settings."
2. Click "calendars" tab
3. Click "export calendar"
4. Click "save as" and name it whatever you want and save to desktop.
5. Double click that file on your desktop. Then double click the .ical file.
6. This imports your calendar into Outlook.
7. Connect your iPhone to iTunes.
8. Click the "info" tab.
9. Check "sync calendars with" and then select the appropriate calendar and click "sync" near the bottom right (make sure your iCloud calendar is off on your iPhone).
10. After the sync is complete uncheck "sync calendars with".
11. From your iPhone go to "settings", "mail, calendar, contacts", then your iCloud account and turn on your calendar.
12. Your google calendar will then appear within your iPhone calendar. Again you can rename it to whatever you want.

Hopefully this helps someone. Let me know if you have any questions or if I left something out and I will edit.

Merry Christmas!!

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok. For those wishing to export your google calendar into iCould via a PC with Microsoft Outlook, here you go...

1. From your google calendar, click the settings wheel, then "settings."
2. Click "calendars" tab
3. Click "export calendar"
4. Click "save as" and name it whatever you want and save to desktop.
5. Double click that file on your desktop. Then double click the .ical file.
6. This imports your calendar into Outlook.
7. Connect your iPhone to iTunes.
8. Click the "info" tab.
9. Check "sync calendars with" and then select the appropriate calendar and click "sync" near the bottom right (make sure your iCloud calendar is off on your iPhone).
10. After the sync is complete uncheck "sync calendars with".
11. From your iPhone go to "settings", "mail, calendar, contacts", then your iCloud account and turn on your calendar.
12. Your google calendar will then appear within your iPhone calendar. Again you can rename it to whatever you want.

Hopefully this helps someone. Let me know if you have any questions or if I left something out and I will edit.

Merry Christmas!!

I'm sorry. I already posted directions on how to do it via Outlook. I thought you were speaking of a way to sync gmail calendars to iCloud without the use of Microsoft Outlook. My apologies, my friend. :) Anyway, Merry Christmas to you and your family and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry. I already posted directions on how to do it via Outlook. I thought you were speaking of a way to sync gmail calendars to iCloud without the use of Microsoft Outlook. My apologies, my friend. :) Anyway, Merry Christmas to you and your family and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

I know this thread is a little old, but this is what I'm looking to do and want to know if anyone has any clue how to help:

I'm currently Google everything. I want to convert my Google calendar into an iCloud calendar and sync that way. I don't use Outlook. I just want to import all of my Google events into my iCloud calendar and then only use the iCloud calendar. Is there any way to get this done without going through Outlook?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I know this thread is a little old, but this is what I'm looking to do and want to know if anyone has any clue how to help:

I'm currently Google everything. I want to convert my Google calendar into an iCloud calendar and sync that way. I don't use Outlook. I just want to import all of my Google events into my iCloud calendar and then only use the iCloud calendar. Is there any way to get this done without going through Outlook?
If you have a Mac running OS X Mountain Lion, the instructions are simple & quick: Export your Google calendar and then import it via the iCal app on your Mac. If iCal is configured with iCloud then the calendar you imported will auto sync to it.

If you do not have a Mac running OS X Mountain Lion then the process is a bit tedious. You will either have to export & import via Outlook that is configured with iCloud or enter the events manually. I have not found any other way to do it, but that does not mean another way does not exist.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
If you have a Mac running OS X Mountain Lion, the instructions are simple & quick: Export your Google calendar and then import it via the iCal app on your Mac. If iCal is configured with iCloud then the calendar you imported will auto sync to it.

If you do not have a Mac running OS X Mountain Lion then the process is a bit tedious. You will either have to export & import via Outlook that is configured with iCloud or enter the events manually. I have not found any other way to do it, but that does not mean another way does not exist.

I do not have a Mac, but I have friends that do. Would I be able to do it on their computer, ya know, maybe sign in on their computer just for the sake of importing it?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Another way might be to share the GMail calendar... and subscribe to the Gmail calendar in iCloud... let it do its thing, then turn sharing off...

bunjy

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Just curious, why not just use CALDAV? I have multiple Google Calendars set up this way and it works very well.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Just curious, why not just use CALDAV? I have multiple Google Calendars set up this way and it works very well.

Wildo6882 wants to import his Google Calendar into iCloud and use iCloud exclusively. CalDav only syncs his Google Calendar to his device.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Wildo6882 wants to import his Google Calendar into iCloud and use iCloud exclusively. CalDav only syncs his Google Calendar to his device.

Exactly. I did that for awhile but I had an issue with birthday reminders showing up twice in the notification center even though I didn't have some selected. So I was thinking that iCloud may do the trick. Thanks for the responses today.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW