Google Calendar - set alerts?

morrow95

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Currently syncing my Google Calendar to my iphone with US Holidays... problem is even though I have my phone setup to alert me one week ahead for birthday and all day events anything that is in the US Holidays calendar is set at no alert by default...

is there a way to change this? I have looked in Google and my phone appears to be set correctly as all other events and birthdays work fine.

Anyone know?

morrow95

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Yes, if anything show up in my notification center. For isntance, right now I have a friends birthday coming up which has been listed in my notication center for a 6 days now... Thanksgiving on the other hand is not listed because by default there is no reminder set for any of the US Holidays in the Google calendar... is there any way at all to change this rather than of course manually editing the entry which would defeat the entire purpose of having the US Holiday calendar in the first place.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I just like to see them if I'm trying to schedule something. I don't want a notification for Christmas.

morrow95

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I just like to see them if I'm trying to schedule something. I don't want a notification for Christmas.

Thats great... now back to my question... if anyone knows if this is possible or there is an app that makes it possible please chime in.

and... to respond to your post I'm not necessarily interested in a notifcation per se, but rather them showing up in the notification area alongside birthdays and other events added to the calender... this would provide a quick way to see upcoming holidays for those which we may not always remember... sweetest day for example... without the need of viewing the actual calendar.

So, if anyone knows please respond. Thanks.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Unless there's an alarm attached, they won't show up in the notification center. Nobody alarms US holidays. You'd have to set them individually.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
or enter them manually into Google Calendar under a separate Holidays Calendar. Shouldn't take too long as there aren't that many US Holidays... You can show the US Holidays Calendar, then create your own and just go to each on and duplicate it by manually entering it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro