Push Gmail now available from Google !

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I think it's much faster now as well. I was having problems yesterday, took awhile for email to get to me and almost 20 minutes for my contacts to show up.

vbhoj74

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
vb try to change your setting for push. if its still doing fetch, might not work untill you change it; cuz it sounds to me like its doing fetch instead of push.

Oh I had push enabled all the time, I also had two gmail accounts setup, one on imap which was fetching, another was already pushing calander & contacts so I had to only enable email (exchange account). It did not work since I changed the default "sync mail days" setting to a month, I changed it back to 3 days and it started to work. Found this remedy on the google help pages where others faced similar experience.

Thanks for replying.

EDIT: When I had set the "sync mail days" to the non-default 1 month, the mail account was acting weird for me, it was not pushing anything, besides I constantly used to get the Server error, half of the mails only got synchronized and the mailbox was very slow. So any one of you facing all these weired issues, ensure you leave the default to 3 days until google fixes it up.

Last edited:

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Mines fast now. Not sure what the delay is on your end. The only thing I miss is a popup window, like when I was using Pushmail app.

aimetti

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
donno about the rest of you but mine is running like complete trash now. lost all mail of today and will not download the rest , just keeps running.

aimetti

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
gmail is down for most
sorry for lack of dots , i dont have 10 posts yet.

www cnn com/2009/TECH/09/24/gmail.crash/index.html

UFGATOR

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
has anyone seen a phantom email message or notification with gmail push? i have two non existent emails that show up and i can't delete them at all. can't delete through the edit function or the swipe function. they just sit there. very annoying because it shows them as new emails and they have no content.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
New 3Gs user. I was able to get GMail push setup and working just about right away. However, I still signed up for the MobileMe trial as I have always had issues with calendar appointments (especially "all day" appointments) getting "moved" by a few hours with GoogleSync. MobileMe seems to handle that a little better. But the push email seems to work quite well in my limited experience.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Mobile ME just works, period. And, the 'Find My iPhone' option is priceless...

New 3Gs user. I was able to get GMail push setup and working just about right away. However, I still signed up for the MobileMe trial as I have always had issues with calendar appointments (especially "all day" appointments) getting "moved" by a few hours with GoogleSync. MobileMe seems to handle that a little better. But the push email seems to work quite well in my limited experience.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73