I want to back up with Time Machine.p, but I don't want everything on my computer. All I want are my photos and my iCloud Drive. I don't know where any of these things are located, so I can't set up Time Machine correctly.

I hope someone can help.

Dan
    09-09-2015 04:32 PM
    Why would you want to use Time Machine to back up what is already in iCloud Drive? Just curious.
    Anyway iCloud Drive is hidden somewhere under your /username/library. Your photos could be just about anywhere depending on how you set it up (did you copy to iPhoto/Photos or just point it to existing originals?). Anyway, for Photos they are in a package under the labeled Photos. If you right click and select "show package contents" and then look for the Masters folder, that is where your unedited originals are stored.
    09-09-2015 04:56 PM
    Thank you so much. I don't know if I should trust iCloud 100%, so I'd like to have the files backed up somewhere else. If I don't trust Apple with the Photos in iCloud, why trust my iCloud documents?
    09-09-2015 05:51 PM
    Oh I don't entirely trust anyone either. I use Time Machine on my whole drive. Every once in awhile I make a bootable backup (on a different hard drive than the TM one) with CCC. And then I have Crashplan which backs up my entire user directory to the Internet. And I have Dropbox, Box, etc that I have other stuff on as well.
    09-09-2015 06:27 PM