How do you change the System Photo Library back to iPhoto from Photos?

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I realized that I cannot export any videos from Photos above 720p resolution (it downscales every export, even if you drag it out from the app to your desktop), so I'm moving back to iPhoto and will Sync directly with my iMac (I can set up WiFi Sync) and Auto-Backup to OneDrive for Cloud Storage). But I can't seem to find a setting to switch the System Photo Library back to iPhoto so that it defaults to that Library when I want to Attach Photos to something using the Media Browser.

Does anyone know how to do this?

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried pointing iPhoto to the Photos library?

No. It's not backward compatible, apparently. Does not show up. Had to create a new iPhoto Library, upload all of my content from my iPhone to OneDrive, and then Import it from OneDrive back into iPhoto and redo my albums.

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
God, I hate when OS providers think they know better how we should store / use our own files or, worse, get bored with an app / service they've forced upon us, only to make it obsolete in favour of another one. Apple is particularly guilty of this.

For my part, I keep all my pics in their own folder, using Preview to view and do light editing, maybe opening a pic in iPhoto for some other editing features. But once done, I Export the pic outta there and to the Pic folder.

I have not used Photos, I see no reason to use Photos and if I could rip it out by its roots (or discovering that it now does what I've used iPhoto for) rip out that app, I would.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2