I started using Photos Library a week ago, and imported about 29,000 photos and 320 videos. So far using Photos seems to be working well, and thought I would take the plunge into iCloud Photo Library. I purchased a 200GB plan, since I have about 140GB Photos Library. The upload process ran good for about 3 days, and then it hung after loading about 9,200 items.

Since then I've tried many things such as logging out of icloud and logging back in. I even disabled iCloud Photo Library and started up again. No change. I have about 19,800 items left to upload, and it's gone nowhere.

I looked at /var/log/system.log , and noticed there were thousands of these entries:
    "com.apple.photos.VideoConversionService[471]: Video decoder process has not finished all frames within 884 seconds. Continuing to wait."

I did an experiment, and shut off iCloud Photo Library, rebooted, and checked the log. They stopped. I turned iCloud photo library back on, and they started counting up again. So it's definitely related, I'm just not sure where to go next.

CPU-wise my machine is idle, so it's not like it's doing anything computational intensive.

Any ideas on what to do next?

27" iMac (Late 2009)
    2.8Ghz Core i7
    8GB RAM
    OS X 10.10.3

-Ryan
    04-17-2015 03:52 PM
    I can only assume your system is timing out or your internet provider is throttling your connection. It's also possible that the problem lies on Apple's end, but I'm only speculating. Contact Apple to see if they can tell you if your photos are indeed using some of the extra iCloud storage you purchased.
    04-17-2015 04:49 PM
    Bandwidth is not an issue-- no bandwidth cap, and I can upload fine to other services/servers. Uploading to from iOS was fine too, but I didn't have nearly as many photos as I did on my mac. I figured I'd poke around here before spending any money on contacting Apple.

From my other iOS devices (and iCloud.com), I can see that it is using about 50GB, and I can see that it has photos up-to five years ago, and can view those photos.
    04-18-2015 05:46 AM
    Traffic on Apple's end of things... There are multiple thousands of people tryin to do as you are...
    04-18-2015 08:33 AM
    So here's an update of my issue, which is finally resolved.... After a month of iCloud Photos being hung, they miraculously started uploading and processing immediately after the big iCloud outage a few days ago. 19,000 images that had just been sitting for 45 days, uploaded in 48 hours after the iCloud outage. I'm assuming they did something on their end to clear this up. Now it appears all of my devices are finally in sync! :-)
    05-23-2015 06:09 PM
    So here's an update of my issue, which is finally resolved.... After a month of iCloud Photos being hung, they miraculously started uploading and processing immediately after the big iCloud outage a few days ago. 19,000 images that had just been sitting for 45 days, uploaded in 48 hours after the iCloud outage. I'm assuming they did something on their end to clear this up. Now it appears all of my devices are finally in sync! :-)
    Excellent, and thank you for the update.
    05-23-2015 06:37 PM