How do I get red badges to show on the Apps/Updates Icon in Yosemite?

I

iMore Question

Can't get red badges to show on the Apps/Updates Icon in Yosemite

I'm a low-tech almost 70 senior who has to work on things a lot before I understand it. It took me several weeks to mostly master iTunes 12. When I first got my iMac Retina 5K with Yosemite, everytime I had an update, the red badge used to show on the blue Apps icon in the Dock. Now, I never see it. When I click on the Apps icon, I have a bunch of updates. I don't need the updates but Apple says if they're Yosemite ones, they can't be hidden in Yosemite, unlike previous OS. Well, I must have done something in Notifications but I just want to get the red badge to come back on that blue Apps icon. Any advice please. Thank you.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Can't get red badges to show on the Apps/Updates Icon in Yosemite

Go to System Preferences > Notifications & you can pick & choose which apps you want to have the badge icon

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site

Just found this thread, and i have two questions. 1-How do i add websites to notifications? 2-How do i add various notification sounds to notifications? Thanks.:p

Anthonyiamador

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site

As far as i know the only way to get notifications from websites is to accept the pop up notification from the website asking if you allow notifications from this site. For example Fox News.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site

As far as i know the only way to get notifications from websites is to accept the pop up notification from the website asking if you allow notifications from this site. For example Fox News.

OK. System Preferences>Notifications>? How do i add a website to the Notification Center?:(

Anthonyiamador

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site

OK. System Preferences>Notifications>? How do i add a website to the Notification Center?:(

1. Go to the site that you want notifications for.
2. If the site allows notifications you will get a pop up asking if you want to receive notifications from them

A site that i use with notifications is Fox News. This link i posted even though it says Mavericks its still the same for yosemite.

http://www.imore.com/how-get-notifi...bsites-notification-center-and-os-x-mavericks

To view and disable sites (not for adding) while in safari, go to top menu bar >>safari>>Preferences>>Notifications.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods