Is anyone having a problem with Yosemite performing Automatic Updates?

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone else having issues with Yosemite not updating apps or installing updates automatically? I have all the checks ticked, but nothing happens. I have to manually open the App Store everytime I hear there is a software update or I want to see if my apps have newer versions available. The thing that gets me is if I log into my wife's screen name, or the one I have set for my business, the apps update automatically without me doing a thing. Is there something I might be missing?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Automatic Updates

Yes, at times. This morning, I didn't give it time to check for the latest beta update because I knew there was one waiting so I initiated the update check manually.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site

Yes but I am referring to updates to a non beta system released days before. I checked last night and there was a security update released on the 19th that did not appear until I checked manually. The same goes for two apps that had updates available the day after. Is that normal?

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site

Is there a reason why my thread title was changed to a much longer question with poor grammar and no reason given?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Is there a reason why my thread title was changed to a much longer question with poor grammar and no reason given?

Mods re-title thread topics regularly to fit the main topic associated with post 1 therein. I'm sure you've noticed topics like, "Not Working". Mods read the post, try to figure out what the problem is and then change the topic accordingly to make it easier for people who use the "search" function for answers to specific problems as well as draw attention to those who may know the answers to that particular question. A good deal of members dislike ads, and therefore, thread topics in an ad-like manner often gets overlooked.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
So a full sentence for a title would have worked better is what you're saying? Will remember that in the future. If a reason could be given when a change is made to seem less intrusive, I would be much obliged.

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I've seen it but never been concerned. I just click update all to take care of it. I think some of it is that it tries to do the updates overnight when my rMBP is likely to be sleeping.

....and when you say, "sleeping" Karenkcoulter, do you mean shut down or screen down hibernate/sleep? I thought one of the 'selling points' of recent OS versions was that, even in screen down 'sleep' mode, automated functions - like Update - would still occur? That said, if auto updates can't occur in this mode, would it not make sense that someone would have thought about that and had the OS instigate updates once fully powered up and connected to the 'net?

Just sayin' (nothing surprises me anymore about Apple and their attitude towards this OS)

I enjoy about a 50% success rate with auto-updates.

onvisa

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I tried for 3 days to update to OS 10.10.3.
I hit update, then new window, yes to restart & download, then it start to download 1.52GB.
Time to complete download 2 days( I do have speed).
It says I downloaded 8 times this month but it still says I have 1 download at the app store.
If it goes to sleep window blank with cause any problem.
Need help here.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73