OSX Security Update released for critical issue with NTP services

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Been there. Done that.

Always amused that Apple calls a 'patch' an 'update' or 'upgrade'. Makes it sound a lot less like they've screwed up or are behind the times and aren't we lucky to get something new.

;-)

ADDENDUM: As I understand it from various sites and articles, this 'update' is absolutely critical and is supposed to be the first auto-install update Apple has ever produced, though they have sat on the technology to do so with other patches for over two years. Disregarding this info for a moment, it should be noted it did not auto-install in my case (running 10.10.1) but rather, I had to go to the App Store > Updates and manually activate the download / install myself.
Perhaps their next auto-install update will be one that allows for auto-install updates?

Last edited:

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
The morons on Reddit are completely up in arms about this. Just completely nuts. One complete jackass moron tried to tell me that it was the same thing as an actual rape because Apple didn't have his consent to push a critical update to his system. I swear, people get dumber and dumber by the second.

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't auto-install if you have the Preferences, AppStore option to allow auto-install of security patches turned off.

Those people on Reddit who were up in arms are just dumb. There's been the option to turn off the auto-install since Apple added the ability to allow them to do it.

Worth noting, thanks - but I've always had the auto-install option on (and had lesser apps do the process) - and I manually ran it before going to the Store itself, with no response.

Screen Shot 2014-12-25 at 7.08.31 AM.jpg

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner