Why are most sites saying that some sort of Shockwave is needed when I open Safari?

drmacintosh

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Safari needs attention here....

Recently upgraded to Yosemite OS X 10.10. Whenever Safari is opened, most sites have some sort of Shockwave needed. The most specific is Apple's. Whenever I open the homepage, Apple and the homepage to Dashboard Widgets, Apple - Downloads - Dashboard, I receive several popup windows, Shockwave Player Error. I dug into the PKG with Pacifist downloaded and dragged DirectorShockwave.plugin into /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/ and it worked. The problem does not stop here. Launching Safari the home page is now Only Search. I then opened up the Preferences?/General/Homepage to Apple, Quit Safari, relaunched Safari and the homepage returned to Only Search. I can no longer get Preferences?/General/Homepage when changed to remain permanent. I also notice that when clicking on View Full Discussion in your post to me it does not go there. What doesn't help here is that every-time a link within a web page is clicked, a website URL is typed in and a new tab is opened Adware windows popup, then closed to resume on the previous website then the cycle mentioned repeats itself. By just following the fix for Shockwave Player Error now this.

HELP NEED FURTHER ASSISTANCE

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro