Hi all I'm trying to switch from windows and android to apple.After upgrading to OS X Yosemite (10.10) my iMac restarts with screen looking like is updating every time I start my Mac? Is this normal or some kind of bug?
    Attached Thumbnails OS X Yosemite (10.10) start-up screen...always loading???-img_0027.jpg  
    11-10-2014 12:00 AM
    Normal.

Sent from my HTC M8
    11-10-2014 12:11 AM
    Okay,thanks.
    11-10-2014 12:16 AM
    The loading bar in Yosemite is a curious throwback to an earlier OS - I can only surmise it may be in place to show that the OS is indeed loading and that you've not got a frozen boot. The 20 secs or so it takes for my Mac Air (with its SSD) to fully boot didn't make staring at the apple icon a concern, but perhaps it was a worry for someone with a much larger HDD?

Or perhaps its another design 'feature' by Ive, who clearly has too much time on his hands...
    11-10-2014 06:51 PM
    It's a huge throwback. It takes 35 sec. on my iMac with 1 TB SATA HD to boot now.
    Jessica Sills likes this.
    11-11-2014 09:16 PM
    It’s extremely doubtful that the delay is just there so we can watch the line draw across the screen. Obviously something is going on behind the scene. I don’t reboot often enough to even notice it, to be completely honest.
    11-11-2014 09:24 PM
    Its extremely doubtful that the delay is just there so we can watch the line...
    Oh no. I agree with You. System is booting-up. But this's a first time I'm seeing this on a Mac. I got dual boot and switching between two quite often...for nowOS X Yosemite (10.10) start-up screen...always loading???-dual-boot.png
    11-11-2014 10:16 PM
    Oh no. I agree with You. System is booting-up. But this's a first time I'm seeing this on a Mac. I got dual boot and switching between two quite often...for now
    Yep, and this particular "feature" was just added with Yosemite. On prior versions of OS X, it was the a login screen. Images, linen, etc.
    11-11-2014 10:42 PM
    I don't really like it as a future,but I'll take it...for now
    11-11-2014 11:56 PM
    I bit the bullet yesterday, and installed Yosemite. To my surprise, it works great. I saw that start-up thing this morning, but it actually looks pretty cool. No problems, however, MacKeeper keeps updating virus hardware. I've used MacKeeper for about three years with no problems. Why am i reading now, that it may be malware? Is it because Apple doesn't like Kromtech using the prefix "Mac"? Someone please give me an objective answer. Thanks.
    11-15-2014 09:20 AM
    I bit the bullet yesterday, and installed Yosemite. To my surprise, it works great. I saw that start-up thing this morning, but it actually looks pretty cool. No problems, however, MacKeeper keeps updating virus hardware. I've used MacKeeper for about three years with no problems. Why am i reading now, that it may be malware? Is it because Apple doesn't like Kromtech using the prefix "Mac"? Someone please give me an objective answer. Thanks.
    I suspect MacKeeper needs updating for Yosemite compatibility, and it also needs Windows virus definitions updated since it can scan for them. I highly doubt your Mac has malware.
    11-17-2014 10:17 AM
    ... MacKeeper keeps updating virus hardware. I've used MacKeeper for about three years with no problems. Why am i reading now, that it may be malware?
    In my opinion MacKeeper is a highly invasive malware. You should uninstall it asap,IMO. Here's an article from Apple Support Communities. Do not install MacKeeper
    11-27-2014 09:21 PM
    In my opinion MacKeeper is a highly invasive malware. You should uninstall it asap,IMO. Here's an article from Apple Support Communities. Do not install MacKeeper
    You are entitled to your opinion, but i don't believe it. More than likely, Apple couldn't buy out Zeobit, the original creators of MacKeeper, so the "malware articles" were written, probably by Apple employees.
    11-28-2014 10:21 AM
    You are entitled to your opinion, but i don't believe it. More than likely, Apple couldn't buy out Zeobit, the original creators of MacKeeper, so the "malware articles" were written, probably by Apple employees.
    Sounds like that tin foil hat is a bit too tight on your head. #conspiracytheory #blackhelicopters
    11-28-2014 05:30 PM
    Sounds like that tin foil hat is a bit too tight on your head. #conspiracytheory #blackhelicopters

HaHa, could be. Did you know that Bigfoot worked for Apple?
    11-28-2014 05:41 PM