What am i missing here?

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Wife and i both have MacBook Pro's, w/Mavericks. The upgrade to Yosemite isn't being done until i can get some more info. Wife uses Safari, and i use Firefox. My understanding is that neither will work effectively on Yosemite. I'm going to wait on this update, but i'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks.:confused:

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
O.K., but i've read that once you download Yosemite, you're commited and you can't delete and get back Mavericks. I hope that i'm wrong.:(

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Wife and i both have MacBook Pro's, w/Mavericks. The upgrade to Yosemite isn't being done until i can get some more info. Wife uses Safari, and i use Firefox. My understanding is that neither will work effectively on Yosemite. I'm going to wait on this update, but i'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks.:confused:

O.K., but i've read that once you download Yosemite, you're commited and you can't delete and get back Mavericks. I hope that i'm wrong.:(

As Karen said, both Firefox and Safari are very solid on Yosemite (Chrome, too). As far as the wifi issue goes, there are several (many?) reports, but I have not experienced the issue since about DP 4 or so. The subsequent developer preview versions, Yosemite betas and the released version have presented NO problems for me.

As far as falling back to Mavericks, you can go back. It?s not necessarily an easy process, but it?s the same process as falling back from Mavericks to a previous version of OS X. You need a back up of your data, and a copy of the OS X version that you want to install.

How to downgrade from Yosemite to Mavericks | iMore

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Always good to give it some time for them to iron out the bugs.

I haven't had any issues with wifi or Safari since I did the upgrade but the new Safari hides a few options that I would like to have so I had to spend some time reconfiguring it.

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
My 'upgrade' to Yosemite on my MacBook Air (mid-2011) seems to have gone off without a hitch, though I hardly do heavy-duty stuff on it, nor have I any experience with the whole iOS 8 interconnectivity thing - still using my iPhone 4 and its running 7.1.2. I'm hardly overwhelmed by Yosemite - maybe just whelmed - as it hasn't added anything new functionality or obvious stability to my computer that I felt it needed for my use. Meanwhile the OS now sits at 10.10 - essentially point 'improvements' over an OS 13 years old - the last couple apparently tied to the Ive'ization of the desktop and the increased desperate integration into the Apple 'environment'. Take that for what it seems.

I use both Safari and Firefox with Yosemite. As ever, Safari seems to use less resources and memory than Firefox - but its not a browser I enjoy, preferring Firefox (and primarily its usability add-ons) as my Default. And Firefox recently updated itself to v.33.1, for what that's worth.

IIABDFI (If It Ain't Broke....)

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal