What are these Mysterious Shared Devices in my Finder?

ChezHopa

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Mysterious Shared Devices in Finder

Hey gang...

I am loving Yosemite so far but an interesting thing is now taking place. In my Finder sidebar, under "Shared" there are multiple entries to for the very Mac I am working on at that moment. For example, my main (let's be honest, my only) machine at the moment is an 11" 2011 MacBook Air. I named it "Hopa's MacBook Air" several years ago in the sharing pane of Sys Prefs.

Now, however, this section of the Finder sidebar lists multiple versions of this MacBook, "Hopa's MacBook Air (5)", "Hopa's MacBook Air (13)" etc. (see attached)

I can't figure out why this is happening. There are no other MacBook Airs on the network, only mine. Any thoughts out there? THANKS!

FINDERSHARE.png

EDIT: Just noticed too, that on mi iOS devices running 8.1 if I launch the  Remote app, I see multiples of my iTunes library as well (also attached). Curiouser and curiouser...
IMG_0083.JPG

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Mysterious Shared Devices in Finder

I'm wondering if it is maintaining the entries from previous versions of iOS instead of overwriting them with each OS update.

ChezHopa

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Mysterious Shared Devices in Finder

At least I'm not alone, lol. Yes, there seems to be no issue other than the mysterious phantom MBA's and iTunes libraries.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods