Thunderbolt to DVI Adapter

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I use two monitors on my Mac Mini, one in the HDMI port (with adapter) and one in the Thunderbolt port (with adapter).

Updated to Yosemite yesterday and all went well... When the computer booted up, the monitor orientation was switched. Tried to fix it in the settings panel but it didn't work (I only switched the windows not the title bar as I read later). So I unplugged the adapters to switch them and when I plugged everything back in, they didn't switch. So I unplugged again and switched back to how it worked with Mavericks and tried a reboot.

When it came back up only one of the monitors worked -- the one in the Thunderbolt port wouldn't come back up. Switched cables, adapters, etc. It was either the port was bad or the adapter. I also tried following the troubleshooting info on Apple's site for the adapter without any luck. Quick trip to Best Buy for a new Thunderbolt/DVI adapter and it worked like a charm.

Who knows what happened, but figured I would post this here to give some search results in case it happens to someone else.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Some how in the process one of the adapters blew out? Probably some sort of surge. Should not have happened, but appears to have happened. Maybe static from your fingers when you were handling them. I think it;s a fluke. Glad a new one got it working. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner