WiFi unstable after upgrading to 10.10

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
So yesterday I downloaded the release of 10.10 from the App Store and ever since the upgrade my WiFi has become complete ****. Not only is browsing slow but the connection keeps on dropping every minute or so. Now normally in this situation I would just load a Time Machine backup but I foolishly deleted it to make room for other things I needed to download. I remember having this issue with Beta 1 and just went back to Mavericks to fix it. I figured after 3 months or so all the WiFi issues would have been resolved but they're not :(

Is there anything I can do to fix this or will I have to wait for Apple to release a fix? I'm guessing there is no way back to Mavericks atm is there?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
So yesterday I downloaded the release of 10.10 from the App Store and ever since the upgrade my WiFi has become complete ****. Not only is browsing slow but the connection keeps on dropping every minute or so. Now normally in this situation I would just load a Time Machine backup but I foolishly deleted it to make room for other things I needed to download. I remember having this issue with Beta 1 and just went back to Mavericks to fix it. I figured after 3 months or so all the WiFi issues would have been resolved but they're not :(

Is there anything I can do to fix this or will I have to wait for Apple to release a fix? I'm guessing there is no way back to Mavericks atm is there?

WOW that totally sucks. I'm sorry. Seriously, this issue has been around for three months?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I experienced wifi dropout in the developer preview versions up until about DP 5 or 6. I’m good now. But I know Karenkcoulter was also having similar issues. Not sure if her's was resolved or not.

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure how this problem can still be unresolved after however many months since Beta 1 first released. I've only owned a Mac for less then a year but it seems unlike Apple to let a problem like this persist. I made an appointment tomorrow at the Genius bar and hopefully they can help me with it. This situation has prompted me to buy an EHD solely for time machine backups.

kingweb

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Me too. Ever since I DOWNGRADED to yosemite, the wifi cuts off 2 or 3 times a day. Then the only way to reconnect is to completely turn off wifi, and then turn back on and connect.

kingweb

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I should have kept my mouth shut! As soon as I wrote my previous post, the wifi has been disconnecting non stop every few minutes!

Hey Steve Jobs, I hope you are up there looking down at how Tim Cook is turning your company into Microsoft!

gc916

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
There's a thread about this problem on the MacRumors forum, and threads on the Apple Support Communities website.

It appears that a number of those who upgraded to Yosemite are affected. And yet, as far as I know, there hasn't been a word about the issue from Apple, and iMore and MacRumors writers and editors seem to be ignoring it.

Shameful.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox