Kinda getting ahead of myself but will the steps of creating a USB boot drive for the final version of OS X 10.10 Yosemite be the same as the beta or will it be simpler to do.

Reason I ask is because I want to have a fresh version of OS X 10.10 rather than just doing an upgrade from Public Beta.

Thanks.
    10-16-2014 02:53 PM
    The steps should be identical.
    10-16-2014 05:34 PM
    The steps should be identical.
    Followed the steps and rebooted to do a clean install of Yosemite but it didn't work. Got an undefined error etc.

So, going the long way to do an install Yosemite (restore of OS X Lion then download/install of Yosemite via app store). Glad I tried it on my macbook first. Will start the process on my iMac after I log off of work later tonight. At least it won't be from beta to final and it will be from official release to official release.
    10-16-2014 08:29 PM
    Followed the steps and rebooted to do a clean install of Yosemite but it didn't work. Got an undefined error etc.

So, going the long way to do an install Yosemite (restore of OS X Lion then download/install of Yosemite via app store). Glad I tried it on my macbook first. Will start the process on my iMac after I log off of work later tonight. At least it won't be from beta to final and it will be from official release to official release.
    Before you do so, check out the guide that respected member HankAZ created moments ago via the following link>

http://forums.imore.com/os-x-yosemit...-yosemite.html
    10-16-2014 08:31 PM
    Didn't see that. Went online to get the howto and that went badly. Luckly, I backed put the App file that was downloaded via the App Store so will give it another go later. However, with OS X lion almost down on my macbook, I'll just doubleclick the app from the thumb drive and do it that way. It will be a fresh install of OS X Lion anyways.

Edit: I was a dum dum and didn't back it up. Downloading again.
    Last edited by Wreckus; 10-16-2014 at 08:51 PM.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    10-16-2014 08:39 PM