I am trying really hard to switch from Firefox to Safari as my OS X browser of choice. The one thing that is causing me pain is the lack of the ability to set multiple web pages as my "home page" when I launch Safari.

Is this a deficiency in Safari or am I missing a setting?

Please/thank you.
    09-08-2014 02:37 PM
    For Safari:

• Open a new Safari window, then create tabs for all the pages you’d like to load when the browser first starts.
    • Open the Bookmarks menu, then select “Add Bookmarks for These (x) Tabs.” You’ll need to pick a name for your the bookmarks folder you’re about to create; you might want to choose “Startup tabs,” or another easy-to-remember name.
    • Next, open the Safari menu and select Preferences, then click the General tab.
    • Find the “Safari opens with” setting and select “A new window” from the pull-down menu.
    • Then, for the “New windows open with” setting, select “Choose tabs folder,” then select the folder you just created in the window that appears.
    • Quit Safari, launch it again, and you’ll see your startup tabs waiting for you.

Source: http://heresthethingblog.com/2014/06...multiple-home/
    09-09-2014 10:22 AM
    That's a lot of work. My usual method is to just leave all the tabs I want open on startup, open when I close Safari and set safari to just reopen those tabs.
    But that's a good method to know. I'd never thought of doing that.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-09-2014 10:27 AM
    I found a workaround of sorts. I created a tab on the Favorites Bar and named it "Home Page". I put links to the pages that I want to use as my home page(s) there. When I open Safari, and if it doesn’t open the pages that I want, I simply right click and pick Open In Tabs.

It’s a bit of a kludge, and I really wish Apple would give us the same options for Home Pages as Firefox and Chrome, but it does work.

Thanks to both D and Karen for your responses.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-09-2014 11:05 AM
    For Safari:

• Open a new Safari window, then create tabs for all the pages you’d like to load when the browser first starts.
    • Open the Bookmarks menu, then select “Add Bookmarks for These (x) Tabs.” You’ll need to pick a name for your the bookmarks folder you’re about to create; you might want to choose “Startup tabs,” or another easy-to-remember name.
    • Next, open the Safari menu and select Preferences, then click the General tab.
    • Find the “Safari opens with” setting and select “A new window” from the pull-down menu.
    • Then, for the “New windows open with” setting, select “Choose tabs folder,” then select the folder you just created in the window that appears.
    • Quit Safari, launch it again, and you’ll see your startup tabs waiting for you.

Source: http://heresthethingblog.com/2014/06...multiple-home/
    Actually, this works pretty well. I just used the Home Page folder that I had already created for my work around. Thanks, D!
    09-09-2014 11:09 AM
    Actually, this works pretty well. I just used the Home Page folder that I had already created for my work around. Thanks, D!
    You're very welcome, sir...
    09-09-2014 11:14 AM