Is Multiple "Home Pages" Possible in Safari?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I am trying really hard to switch from Firefox to Safari as my OS X browser of choice. The one thing that is causing me pain is the lack of the ability to set multiple web pages as my "home page" when I launch Safari.

Is this a deficiency in Safari or am I missing a setting?

Please/thank you.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
[h=3]For Safari:[/h]
  • Open a new Safari window, then create tabs for all the pages you’d like to load when the browser first starts.
  • Open the Bookmarks menu, then select “Add Bookmarks for These (x) Tabs.” You’ll need to pick a name for your the bookmarks folder you’re about to create; you might want to choose “Startup tabs,” or another easy-to-remember name.
  • Next, open the Safari menu and select Preferences, then click the General tab.
  • Find the “Safari opens with” setting and select “A new window” from the pull-down menu.
  • Then, for the “New windows open with” setting, select “Choose tabs folder,” then select the folder you just created in the window that appears.
  • Quit Safari, launch it again, and you’ll see your startup tabs waiting for you.
Source: http://heresthethingblog.com/2014/06/24/browser-tip-set-multiple-home/

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I found a workaround of sorts. I created a tab on the Favorites Bar and named it "Home Page". I put links to the pages that I want to use as my home page(s) there. When I open Safari, and if it doesn’t open the pages that I want, I simply right click and pick Open In Tabs.

It’s a bit of a kludge, and I really wish Apple would give us the same options for Home Pages as Firefox and Chrome, but it does work.

Thanks to both D and Karen for your responses.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
For Safari:

• Open a new Safari window, then create tabs for all the pages you’d like to load when the browser first starts.
  • Open the Bookmarks menu, then select “Add Bookmarks for These (x) Tabs.” You’ll need to pick a name for your the bookmarks folder you’re about to create; you might want to choose “Startup tabs,” or another easy-to-remember name.
  • Next, open the Safari menu and select Preferences, then click the General tab.
  • Find the “Safari opens with” setting and select “A new window” from the pull-down menu.
  • Then, for the “New windows open with” setting, select “Choose tabs folder,” then select the folder you just created in the window that appears.
  • Quit Safari, launch it again, and you’ll see your startup tabs waiting for you.
Source: http://heresthethingblog.com/2014/06/24/browser-tip-set-multiple-home/

Actually, this works pretty well. I just used the Home Page folder that I had already created for my work around. Thanks, D!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods