Well I'm only connecting to an AirPort Extreme-N. But yes. Similar to what you describe. Stuff will stop working and I look at my menu bar and the wifi icon is grayed out. Then turning off/on is required. I've had this issue with all the Yosemite betas. I've filed several radars about it with the network diagnostic log attached and they keep getting closed as a duplicate.
    I submitted it as a bug, too. So far, no action from Apple - though I fully expect(ed) it to be closed as a duplicate issue. Grrrr. I never saw this on my 2010 MB.

What we need is an automator script to check the status of wifi (ping a website, etc) and on failure, cycle wifi setting.
    09-10-2014 01:28 PM
    I did the update this afternoon on my rMBP, and am having a couple of issues. I cannot get any of the handoff or continuity to work. On my MB, I can get text messages that are not iMessage based. But I cannot get this to work on the rMBP. The same with phone calls. The iMessages Preference screens and screen contents are identical between the two machines.

None of the app handoff is working either, but Ive seen conflicting reports that it may/may not work based on the fact that we are now on DP7, but iOS 8 is beta 5. At one point handoff required matching release levels. Not sure, though, since theres no beta 6 or 7. Does handoff work for anyone?
    Did you find some solution to this? I am having the same issue - No continuity or handoff, iCloud outgoing mail doesn't work, iMessages within messages keep disappearing automatically. I see one message for couple of seconds and then disappears. Also text messages now don't work within messages. I am sure there's more.

Did you find a way to fix to this? Would love to fix it if possible :/
    09-12-2014 11:14 AM
    Did you find some solution to this? I am having the same issue - No continuity or handoff, iCloud outgoing mail doesn't work, iMessages within messages keep disappearing automatically. I see one message for couple of seconds and then disappears. Also text messages now don't work within messages. I am sure there's more.

Did you find a way to fix to this? Would love to fix it if possible :/
    Everything is working for me now except non-iMessage text. It was working for a week or so, then suddenly stopped. It started working again for a couple of hours and then stopped again. I am convinced that it’s not something I can fix at this point - there’s something wonky here.
    09-12-2014 11:37 AM
    Everything is working for me now except non-iMessage text. It was working for a week or so, then suddenly stopped. It started working again for a couple of hours and then stopped again. I am convinced that it’s not something I can fix at this point - there’s something wonky here.
    Wonky would be right. Hmm, hate this. I am so used to some of the things just working as normally as they should. I mean I understand its beta and thats the nature of it.

If you hear something, would appreciate your feedback on it.

Thanks
    09-12-2014 11:56 AM
    I'm an iOS developer (well, I mainly signed up to get the software early and just send it bug reports to apple). But it seems like I was able to download the Developer Preview 7 for my Mac (even though I am NOT a Mac developer). I want to make sure I don't have issues if I download (like apple saying I shouldn't have this preview and making my computer unusable...)
    09-13-2014 03:22 AM
    I'm an iOS developer (well, I mainly signed up to get the software early and just send it bug reports to apple). But it seems like I was able to download the Developer Preview 7 for my Mac (even though I am NOT a Mac developer). I want to make sure I don't have issues if I download (like apple saying I shouldn't have this preview and making my computer unusable...)
    You should be good. The iOS developers were given the Yosemite developer previews because of the interactivity between the two platforms- specifically things like handoff and continuity. You should not have any issues when Yosemite is released.
    SaMaster14 likes this.
    09-13-2014 09:50 AM
31 12