Yosemite Public Beta 2 Released - discuss bugs, workarounds, etc. here

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
For those doing the Public Beta - #2 is now available...

Fire up the Mac AppStore and it should show as an update...

Edit to add... new iTunes12 Beta available now too...

Last edited:

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I couldn't stay on Beta 1 because wifi would not connect for me, I had to end up restoring back to 10.9. Do you know if that's been fixed in beta 2?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Apparently a wifi issue has been addressed as I'm at my public library - and my MacBook has been unable to see/connect to the wifi here... it's now connected... and this is the only wifi I had connection issues with since the beta...

And on another positive note - the issue I had with iTunes not playing purchased video content seems to be resolved as well. Wahooo!!!

Eddie Carter

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I have installed Beta 2. Worked great till I rebooted. Then it sits at log in with a delay and will not allow me to enter password as though some process is running in the background taking up the processor. I noticed if I sit and wait i get "your start up disk is almost full" yet it has 30 gigs free. I cant not get it to load. Suggestions? Booting from external drive on Mountain Lion now.

I should add that the Beta 1 did same thing except that the screen flashed and was not useable. I went back to Mountain Lion.

I am on a 2011 17" Macbook Pro with a OCZ-VERTEX3 solid state drive Revision: 2.250000

E

Steve Penny

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Only had an hour with it last night, but seemed much faster/stable and also fixed some key Safari issues which were present in B1. Great stuff so far.

mbar9607

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
im on beta2 right now and so far no major issues other than bluetooth dont seem to want o connect to my mouse or keyboard or tackpad

Mason McDaniel

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
The public beta and newest iTunes won't let you restore an iPhone.

Probably temporary. You can downgrade to iTunes 11, restore, then upgrade to iTunes 12 again.

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
i wonder if it will be better to upgrade directly from a safe Mavericks partition that hasn't been touched by the beta or straight from the beta when the release version drops? i just have it on a second partition on my iMac...i assume upgrading fresh would probably be the best huh?

velorandy

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Here's a bug I've found with Beta 2, MacBook Air (2013) will not respond to the restart or shutdown command from the Apple Menu. All my shutdowns are currently being forced through the power button.

Steve Penny

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
My main annoyance at the moment is that whenever I unlock my iPhone, I get a Bluetooth paring/password request pop up on the MacBook, even though they are already both paired. If the password is entered it says it cannot pair, but will then disappear a minute or two later when it does realise it's actually connected.

I'm also losing connectivity from the internet (despite it saying it's connected) when using the MacBook after it's slept. Turning the wifi off and then on again seems to resolve the problem.

jasonprice

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Here's a bug I've found with Beta 2, MacBook Air (2013) will not respond to the restart or shutdown command from the Apple Menu. All my shutdowns are currently being forced through the power button.

Mine seems delayed, but it eventually does restart or shutdown.

MASTER JULIAN

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Could it be that you don't need to put in your password anymore when getting free mac store apps or is that a bug? I have not tried how it is with paid apps yet. And to clarify I have not logged in to my iTunes account on my computer since yesterday morning so the problem is not that I just put my password in 5 minutes ago.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh