Is there a secret or a setting necessary to make this work? I have a 2010 MacBook running Yosemite DP1, and an iPhone 5S running iOS 8 beta 1. I dont ever see the handoff popups on either device though I have both running and move the phone into proximity of the MacBook.

Ive seen videos, but no one explains how to set it up (if thats necessary) or why it might not be working.
    06-11-2014 09:23 PM
    Under the General tab in System Prefs you have to enable Handoff it's right at the bottom. Apart from that the apps have to support it and I don't think apps have been updated to support it yet. The Mail and Safari should do it but I haven't been able to get it to work yet.
    06-13-2014 03:50 PM
    Under the General tab in System Prefs you have to enable Handoff it's right at the bottom. Apart from that the apps have to support it and I don't think apps have been updated to support it yet. The Mail and Safari should do it but I haven't been able to get it to work yet.
    I’m wondering if the 2010 MacBook supports this function. As I understand it, it uses Bluetooth 4.0, and I am sure the MB does not support BT 4.0. That said, I have not seen anything in any doc or postings that indicate the detailed specifics.
    06-13-2014 03:56 PM
    I’m wondering if the 2010 MacBook supports this function. As I understand it, it uses Bluetooth 4.0, and I am sure the MB does not support BT 4.0. That said, I have not seen anything in any doc or postings that indicate the detailed specifics.
    They haven't really detailed it yet and I have a Retina MBP mine still hasn't worked either. I'm not going to worry about it until the 2nd or 3rd beta. Things are probably still a little rough around the edges.
    06-13-2014 04:08 PM
    They haven't really detailed it yet and I have a Retina MBP mine still hasn't worked either. I'm not going to worry about it until the 2nd or 3rd beta. Things are probably still a little rough around the edges.
    Word.
    Ipheuria likes this.
    06-13-2014 04:09 PM
    Yeah I have a 2012 rMBP and I haven't seen it yet either in Mail or Safari.
    Ipheuria likes this.
    06-13-2014 04:56 PM
    Haven't been able to get anything to work for me as well. I changed the setting last week, but haven't seen anything.
    06-15-2014 12:20 AM
    Here's some information that identifies, as I suspected, that Handoff will not be available on all hardware. Looks like the entire MacBook like is incompatible.

Yosemite’s Handoff feature may not work for all Mac users

Luke Dormehl (6:06 am PDT, Jun 16th)

Credit: Apfeleimer

Handoff was one of the most exciting iOS 8 and OS X Yosemite features announced at WWDC, giving you the ability to begin a task (say, an email) on one platform and seamlessly transfer it to another.

It’s a great illustration of Apple’s ecosystem at work — but will it work on your Mac?

Drawing attention to the fact that Handoff is expected to rely on the Bluetooth low energy (LE) protocol in order to work, German publication Apfeleimer has put together a handy chart showing which Apple devices are likely to be able to use Handoff.

According to them, Handoff is going to be limited to more recent Mac computers only, and will also be incompatible with the iPad 2, since this is the only iOS 8-compatible device not to support Bluetooth LE.

If you want to use Handoff, Apfeleimer suggests that you’re going to want to use a mid-2011 MacBook Air and above, the mid-2012 MacBook Pro and above (including all versions of the MacBook Pro with Retina display), the late-2012 iMac and above, the mid-2011 Mac mini and above, and the late-2013 Mac Pro.

Apple hasn’t yet publicly confirmed whether Handoff will be limited to only certain computers. But if this report is correct and Handoff does require the low energy Bluetooth standard, you may need to buy a new Mac before being able to “hand off” items from OS X to iOS.
    06-16-2014 10:52 AM
    +1
    Handoff might not work on older models of the Mac. On newer versions, open Facetime and log in and at the same time enable handoff in the system preferences.
    06-16-2014 12:39 PM
    Not good for iPad2 users
    Good Luck
    06-16-2014 08:55 PM
    Handoff sort of started working for me yesterday with DP 2

Has anyone got the Handoff feature to work?-img_8683.png

It opened mobile safari but not the page I had open on my Mac. I tried it in Mail and it opened my coposed message on the iPhone but the recipient and the subject field were not filled in like they were on the Mac.
    06-18-2014 09:01 AM