Perhaps I'm missing something simple, at least I hope so, but I can't figure out a way to downgrade back to Mavericks. When I attempt to download from the App Store, I get a message saying "OS X 10.10 is already installed on this computer. Are you sure you want to download OS X 10.9?" When I click "OK," nothing happens.

Anyone have any guidance? Thanks in advance.
    06-04-2014 08:26 PM
    Perhaps I'm missing something simple, at least I hope so, but I can't figure out a way to downgrade back to Mavericks. When I attempt to download from the App Store, I get a message saying "OS X 10.10 is already installed on this computer. Are you sure you want to download OS X 10.9?" When I click "OK," nothing happens.

Anyone have any guidance? Thanks in advance.
    TimeMachine restore from the back up you made before upgrading to Yosemite? You DID back your system up before installing Yosemite, right?
    06-04-2014 08:58 PM
    I did, however I've had issues reverting back an entire OS using a restore. Wanted to just start from scratch.

I was able to revert for anyone interested... I had to boot into recovery mode by holding CMD+R during the boot process. Open the disk utility and delete the OS partition. Reboot into Recovery mode again and the Internet Recovery mode (OS X: About OS X Recovery) will download a new recovery partition. In my case (early 2013 rMBP) it downloaded recovery for Mountain Lion and I was able to upgrade to Mavericks from there (and then do a fresh install).
    nikkisharif likes this.
    06-05-2014 04:08 PM
    I did, however I've had issues reverting back an entire OS using a restore. Wanted to just start from scratch.

I was able to revert for anyone interested... I had to boot into recovery mode by holding CMD+R during the boot process. Open the disk utility and delete the OS partition. Reboot into Recovery mode again and the Internet Recovery mode (OS X: About OS X Recovery) will download a new recovery partition. In my case (early 2013 rMBP) it downloaded recovery for Mountain Lion and I was able to upgrade to Mavericks from there (and then do a fresh install).
    Recovery mode never seems to work for me (I don't know my computer is weird), so I always find myself having to download the huge file from the App Store and downloading it manually. Takes forever, but it works pretty good for me. I wish I could get Recovery to work for my mac.
    07-14-2014 08:47 AM