Downgrading Back to 10.9?

deosculate

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps I'm missing something simple, at least I hope so, but I can't figure out a way to downgrade back to Mavericks. When I attempt to download from the App Store, I get a message saying "OS X 10.10 is already installed on this computer. Are you sure you want to download OS X 10.9?" When I click "OK," nothing happens.

Anyone have any guidance? Thanks in advance.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps I'm missing something simple, at least I hope so, but I can't figure out a way to downgrade back to Mavericks. When I attempt to download from the App Store, I get a message saying "OS X 10.10 is already installed on this computer. Are you sure you want to download OS X 10.9?" When I click "OK," nothing happens.

Anyone have any guidance? Thanks in advance.

TimeMachine restore from the back up you made before upgrading to Yosemite? You DID back your system up before installing Yosemite, right?

deosculate

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I did, however I've had issues reverting back an entire OS using a restore. Wanted to just start from scratch.

I was able to revert for anyone interested... I had to boot into recovery mode by holding CMD+R during the boot process. Open the disk utility and delete the OS partition. Reboot into Recovery mode again and the Internet Recovery mode (OS X: About OS X Recovery) will download a new recovery partition. In my case (early 2013 rMBP) it downloaded recovery for Mountain Lion and I was able to upgrade to Mavericks from there (and then do a fresh install).

_YoKolorMeBadd

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I did, however I've had issues reverting back an entire OS using a restore. Wanted to just start from scratch.

I was able to revert for anyone interested... I had to boot into recovery mode by holding CMD+R during the boot process. Open the disk utility and delete the OS partition. Reboot into Recovery mode again and the Internet Recovery mode (OS X: About OS X Recovery) will download a new recovery partition. In my case (early 2013 rMBP) it downloaded recovery for Mountain Lion and I was able to upgrade to Mavericks from there (and then do a fresh install).

Recovery mode never seems to work for me (I don't know my computer is weird), so I always find myself having to download the huge file from the App Store and downloading it manually. Takes forever, but it works pretty good for me. I wish I could get Recovery to work for my mac.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner