List of Apps Incompatible with OS X Yosemite (10.10)

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Been playing with OS X Yosemite tonight. It seems pretty well done so far. As usual, there are going to be apps that haven?t yet been updated to work with it.

So far I?ve encountered incompatibility issues with:

Bartender

deosculate

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm having issues with Parallels. I run a Windows 7 VM for work and when I open up enough memory-intensive apps I get a panic and the system reboots.

Blue Shift

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
So far, Aperture is broken when editing files, the image will display a bunch of corruption at random when applying filters. The file itself is fine; restarting aperture sets everything right.

I've heard it's a similar story for iPhoto.

richardhowes

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
There is an iMovie workaround:

- Find iMovie in Applications
- Right-click and select "Show Package Contents"
- Open "Contents" folder
- Open "MacOS" folder
- Double-click iMovie

Apparently works for some other apps as well.

richardhowes

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
I was having serious lag problems making Yosemite unusable. Was about to revert to Mavericks when I discovered uninstalling Little Snitch resolve the problem. There is a nightly build that works with Yosemite apparently but I haven't tried it.

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
So far I haven't had a problem with Parallels. Reeder 2 seems to work ok... but iTunes is a mess!! I can view everything except the iTunes store content... all I get is a blank white screen. Music and media plays and I can update my apps, but can't view anything in the store itself under any of the categories. Apparently this is an issue and has been mentioned in the Dev forums... but I think until there is a fix I'm going back to Mavericks.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
It's available via the 'update app' feature, with the beta builds option checked. I had to do a workaround - backed up bartender on my MBPR and then do the upgrade. Copy the 1.2.20 to the Mac with Yosemite and install/register it. Then I had to restore three earlier version to my MBP.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73