List of Apps Incompatible with OS X Yosemite (10.10)

trickard

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
i seem to be having issues with apple tv - if my iMac is on wifi - atv sees the iMac but its slow to respond or either shows error, if its hard wired it doesn't see the mac at all.....and i have tried switching the atv as well to either wifi or hard wire still the issues continue, any suggestions?

wrldwzrd89

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
i seem to be having issues with apple tv - if my iMac is on wifi - atv sees the iMac but its slow to respond or either shows error, if its hard wired it doesn't see the mac at all.....and i have tried switching the atv as well to either wifi or hard wire still the issues continue, any suggestions?
I suspect changes in the AirPlay implementation on OS X Yosemite are to blame here. Remember, Apple enabled a bunch of new use cases for cross-device sharing - but this more than likely also introduced new bugs. I don't have enough experience here to know exactly HOW to do this, but if you could somehow force OS X to use the older protocol version, that might help.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
The only app I had an issue running is iMovie but I don't use it enough to need the workaround. Although I might be editing some video soon so it's good to know.

Photoshop works fine but I noticed a few days now that I've been having issues where it shows the selection lines after they have been un-selected. It's a refresh issue because if I move the image they disappear. I have 16GB of RAM and PS is the only app running so I'm thinking videocard. My loading screen goes from black to yellow before it loads so must be something there

IMG_7873.JPG

Robert Schertzer

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
iMovie and Final Cut don't work; they can be launched by showing package in application folder...terminal runs in the background and the apps launch. That being said, iMovie, when launched this way, has many resources missing - you can't add titles or backgrounds for example.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
SuperDuper! crashes as soon as you try to start the copy process.

Looking for another drive cloner to use with Yosemite, especially during the DP time frame. Anyone?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Superduper ran ok for me in beta 1. Haven't tried it since though. I'll try to try it again and see what happens. Carbon Copy Cloner is my usual go-to drive imager and it doesn't work with Yosemite.

Yeah, I read that about Carbon Copy Cloner. Thanks for checking SuperDuper!.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Superduper seems to be running the display window isn't updating correctly with the number of bytes copied unless I hit stop (and then cancel the stop). I'm doing a full copy not a differential since I'm using the free version. I'm waiting on CCC to be updated since I have a paid version of that one.
I'll let you know if the disk image completes correctly.

I appreciate it. On my MacBook, as soon as I set the source and target disks and click Copy Now, it flashes closed and disappears. Grrr. It’s beta software. It’s beta software. It’s beta software. (That didn't help.) :)

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
It finished successfully. I haven't tried to boot from it yet.

Grrrrr. I ran Disk Utility to verify/repair permissions and then verified the disk. Still no go.

Update: I uninstalled and downloaded the software again. Reinstalled and it’s running. Must have been a WBT (Weird Beta Thing).

Last edited: