The "Handoff" feature of OS 10.10 & iOS 8

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm really looking forward to using the Handoff feature as described during the WWDC conference demo. That has the potential to be a most used feature. What do you think?

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Its things like this why I love using Mac and iOS. I mean I can freaking take phone calls on my MBP now while my phone is in another room charging!? HECK YES!! I'm gonna sign up for the 10.10 beta!

sherpa14k

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm going to watch the keynote again tonight, I saw it this morning at the office but I was constantly interrupted. I can't wait to get OS X Yosemite.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm excited about it. Getting iMessages on my Mac & iPad was very convenient but it took a moment to load recent messages. I can't wait to download Yosemite. I'm trying to decide if I'm going to do it tonight or wait until beta 2

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Handoff is something that I wanted since we were teased about a similar tap feature with webOS that never got past the Demo

Looks like I have to buy an iPad after all

isteal

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I can't figure out how to make the handoff function work. I have made my wife call my phone countless times tonight hoping that it would all of the sudden prompt on my Macbook. I have iOS 8 running on my iPhone 5s and OS X 10.10 on my macbook pro... Can't seem to find any settings to enable... :-/

piranhadonna

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I can't figure out how to make the handoff function work. I have made my wife call my phone countless times tonight hoping that it would all of the sudden prompt on my Macbook. I have iOS 8 running on my iPhone 5s and OS X 10.10 on my macbook pro... Can't seem to find any settings to enable... :-/

I'm pretty sure you have to connect the Mac and iPhone via Bluetooth. But mine is not working right. It says it's calling but it doesn't actually call and I don't get a prompt when I receive calls.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I just got 10.10 installed, getting ready to take the plunge with iOS 8 ... Can't wait to see some of this new tech in action.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure you have to connect the Mac and iPhone via Bluetooth. But mine is not working right. It says it's calling but it doesn't actually call and I don't get a prompt when I receive calls.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

I am pretty sure this feature isn't working yet ... But it does look like they link bluetooth devices via your iCloud account, will be really cool when this feature is actually working.

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site

Call sharing won't be available immediately.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro