Rumor: iOS 7 style make-over set for OS X 10.10

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If the rumors are true, OS X 10.10 might have an iOS 7 style look to it. What are your thoughts about it? Is this a good thing or a bad thing, in your opinion?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't mind it. I like iOS 7. Plus it will make it easier to use a Mac for the first time.

I'm in agreement with you. it would definitely make it easier to transition from an iOS device to a Mac with a little to no learning curve.

timswork

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Add me to the bandwagon here; I can't wait to see iOS 7 style convergence come to OS X!

Keeping the old style OS X will lead to platform confusion, ultimately, with the stark variation. The skeuomorphic elements of apps such as Reminders just look old.

Someone, of course, already sampled what we might expect a new style OS X desktop to look like!

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Great if it's true.
I started with an iPhone then iPad. When I got to an MBA I expected it to be like the iOS.
Steep learning curve for me coming from Windows.
Good Luck

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums app

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
That sounds cool. It's ironic that the iPhone OS was originally model after OSX. Now it may be reversing because of the popularity of iOS.
Things sure have changed. My internet use is probably 90% iOS 10% OSX.

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm all about uniformity between my devices so I would not mind this at all. That is also the reason I prefer iOS to any other platform. I love how iOS/OSX devices all sync seamlessly with each other, and the updates only keep on getting better!

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
As long as they don't take away my launchpad in favor of having all the apps on the desktop lol!

I will be slow to update depending on how drastic the overhaul would be. In my mind, a lot of the good from iOS has already been incorporated into the OS X desktop without hampering OS X's ability to be, well, a desktop environment. It would be a shame if Apple fell into the trap Microsoft did of trying to make everything the same. I don't think they would do that but I guess you never know.

Apple has never really disappointed me on UI choices so I will remain guardedly optimistic.