I have a MacBook Air. Now, I have a tropical problem. The battery drains even AFTER I shut it down. I don't get this...I click on power off..but the next time I boot up, it has some amount of battery drained.

Like today, I started it after a long time, and it just won't boot, why? It's completely out of juice.

Any help?

Sent from iCeborg's iPad.
    07-27-2014 02:23 AM
    Sounds like a defective battery to me. Your battery should not drain so much even if the MBA was just in sleep mode. I would take it an Apple store to get checked out.
    07-27-2014 02:27 AM
    Sounds like a defective battery to me. Your battery should not drain so much even if the MBA was just in sleep mode. I would take it an Apple store to get checked out.
    How do I contact Apple about it? I am in India, Mumbai.
    07-27-2014 10:37 AM
    How do I contact Apple about it? I am in India, Mumbai.
    The information via the following link may be helpful to you.

Contact Apple for support and service
    iCeborg likes this.
    07-27-2014 10:42 AM
    I actually observed it for a few days..and this is what I gathered: On Sunday, it was 96% when I shut it. Then I opened it today, Saturday, a week later, and it was 84%. After 5 days, it was about 12% down...don't think that's a problem. Is it?

08-02-2014 02:32 PM
    I actually observed it for a few days..and this is what I gathered: On Sunday, it was 96% when I shut it. Then I opened it today, Saturday, a week later, and it was 84%. After 5 days, it was about 12% down...don't think that's a problem. Is it?

I don't think it's a problem. Mavericks has certain settings that can briefly wake the laptop up to do certain simple tasks like checking email. I believe you can turn that off it the energy preferences.
    Now if you actually turned it off rather than just closing the lid, then I would say that's too much battery drain.
    08-02-2014 03:15 PM
    I don't think it's a problem. Mavericks has certain settings that can briefly wake the laptop up to do certain simple tasks like checking email. I believe you can turn that off it the energy preferences.
    Now if you actually turned it off rather than just closing the lid, then I would say that's too much battery drain.
    No..I absolutely shut it down..from the options on top left... also, I will look for that setting and see it if can shut it down..

Thanks for your reply...

08-02-2014 03:17 PM
    No..I absolutely shut it down..from the options on top left... also, I will look for that setting and see it if can shut it down..

If it's actually powered off, then that setting doesn't apply. It only wakes itself up if it was sleeping, not if it was off.
    08-02-2014 03:18 PM
    If it's actually powered off, then that setting doesn't apply. It only wakes itself up if it was sleeping, not if it was off.
    Ah ok..no it was off..then I believe it's normal for a little battery to drain...12% in 5 days..

08-02-2014 03:20 PM
    Ah ok..no it was off..then I believe it's normal for a little battery to drain...12% in 5 days..

I don't know if that's normal or not. I couldn't go for 5 days without using my rMBP. And I only see just close the lid rather than powering it off.
    But lithium ion batteries in general will lose some of their power over time even when not used. That amount can be temperature dependent although I forget whether cold or heat makes them discharge faster.
    08-02-2014 03:22 PM